5,599,911 Members 46,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a way to downgrade from 4.4.2 into 4.3 in the near future?

Tip us?

sephkateno
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Let's just be calm about this I agree we won't be seeing official downgranding but for one I would downgrade to 4.3. Android is all about choices and preferences that is one of the differences from ios we get to choose customize down to the bone...Why something older and propably not better some people have their reasons. Some people prefer that old chevy or challenger from a new mercedes I don't know. I for one miss lights effect from 4.3 the lockscreen effect. I was on stock rom unrooted and it had this effect then rooted upgraded to 4.4.2 poland and it didn't have it got a little disapointed. I agree that 4.4.2 is a better os and also agree that my reason for wanting to downgrade is somewhat stupid but that's the beauty of android from the start you get it exactly how you want it today in the world of android os we are made unable to downgrade tomorrow who knows? The liberty of choice in this os is getting smaller and smaller day by day...
Device: Galaxy Note 3
a.k.a. THE BEAST
ROM: X-Note 11.0 KitKat
Mods: CivZ SnapKat Rev 2.1
The Following User Says Thank You to sephkateno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jetbruceli
Old
Thanks Meter 406

DONATE TO ME
Ok ok
Um
No
U
Can
Not
Do
It.
Y??
It's a permanent change to the bootloader that cannot be downgraded.
If that's hard to understand then I don't know what to tell you.
But seriously read a little

sent from my iPhone 6s 64gb 5.7inch Super Oled screen and spen
The Following User Says Thank You to jetbruceli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gidzdlcrz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Geez. Some who are not reading backwards. Anyway thanks for your reply guys. I would hit thanks who deserved it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gidzdlcrz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ketani73
Old
Thanks Meter 104
My Gosh......2 pages for a simple answer "NOT POSSIBLE" !!!.......Added one more post to this meaningless saga of "ifs" & "buts" !!
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 SM-N900
THIS DEVICE IS KICKASS !!!

SOMETIMES IT KICKS MY OWN ASS !!!

Cootje_NL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmonkey1 View Post
Mate for the 10000000th time, everyone read your question and is trying to explain that downgrading the software of a smartphone is stupid. Especially true for the Note 3, 4.3 to 4.4.

The only reason you might want to downgrade, is that you want to put CM on your device. In which case ask so. It is unlikely that you will be able to downgrade, more likely CM will get support for the new BL
There are more reasons to downgrade. After upgrading to KitKat my phone is messed up bad. I got reboots all the time now. I never rooted, I never installed ROMS. All is plain stock. If someone would offer me a working downgrade I would even consider paying this person for it. My phone is unreliable right now.

Mguttsche
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootje_NL View Post
There are more reasons to downgrade. After upgrading to KitKat my phone is messed up bad. I got reboots all the time now. I never rooted, I never installed ROMS. All is plain stock. If someone would offer me a working downgrade I would even consider paying this person for it. My phone is unreliable right now.
More infos. Wich fw do you flash, Wich phone you got? Sm-n9005, 900x, 900w8, Hong Kong edition?
What does your phone do?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cootje_NL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mguttsche View Post
More infos. Wich fw do you flash, Wich phone you got? Sm-n9005, 900x, 900w8, Hong Kong edition?
What does your phone do?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I try not to hijack this thread. You can find my information in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=23

paul_59
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Consensus seems to be that you can't downgrade the Samsung Note 3 kit kat bootloader, which prevents downgrade to Jelly bean .

On other makes, e.g HTC it is possible to downgrade bootloader and Android, providing you've got S Off

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app