Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for ROM advice.

Tip us?

PharmD208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Looking for ROM advice.

Hey guys,
I just got my new HTC One 3 days ago and I am about to unlock and root. I want to keep it as stock as possible, but have working wifi. I need suggestions for a rom that fits that description. Thanks a bunch for any advice you can give.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Unlock + root only. Not sure what else you require
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD208 View Post
Hey guys,
I just got my new HTC One 3 days ago and I am about to unlock and root. I want to keep it as stock as possible, but have working wifi. I need suggestions for a rom that fits that description. Thanks a bunch for any advice you can give.

There are no roms fr the One which have no Wifi :P
There are maany roms based on stock Sense 5.5 which offer a lot more custimizations, like RAM usage in the mutitasking menu, changing the grid size in the app drawer, nd MILLIONS of other mods, than the default stock rom. ARHD, InsertCoin, MaximusHD, ViperOne are a few roms which i can remember. I wud recommend any of these Sense roms instead of pure stock
The Following User Says Thank You to raghav kapur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uxepro
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hey guys,

Android Revolution HD 51, is the best stock like rom
|| 32GB || ARHD 71.1 || Android 4.4.3 || Sense 6 || Firmware 6.06.401.1 ||
|| S-Off || Unlocked || HBOOT 1.57 || TWRP 2.7.1.1 || Kernel ElementalX 16.0||
The Following User Says Thank You to Uxepro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PharmD208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Unlock + root only. Not sure what else you require
Was unsure if root only would give me working wifi. Thanks a bunch.

igorfurst
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Hey guys,

I would suggest Maximus 32.0 , closest to stock, bug free, great battery life,
works good with custom kernels etc..

PharmD208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
There are no roms fr the One which have no Wifi :P
There are maany roms based on stock Sense 5.5 which offer a lot more custimizations, like RAM usage in the mutitasking menu, changing the grid size in the app drawer, nd MILLIONS of other mods, than the default stock rom. ARHD, InsertCoin, MaximusHD, ViperOne are a few roms which i can remember. I wud recommend any of these Sense roms instead of pure stock
Thanks a bunch, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I keep getting error code 106 from HTC's unlock site, so I can't unlock it anyway. hasoon's tool kit download links have been removed, so no luck there either unless you know a way to unlock it that I haven't tried. Thanks again.

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 262
why this thread is not closed yet?
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Thanks a bunch, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I keep getting error code 106 from HTC's unlock site, so I can't unlock it anyway. hasoon's tool kit download links have been removed, so no luck there either unless you know a way to unlock it that I haven't tried. Thanks again.

Certain variants of the One like the Verizon version cant b unlocked thru HTCDev. The Verizon One needs to b unlocked with Rumrunner. There are special tools required fr certain variants. I only know so much, coz mine is International Unlocked. Search the forum fr any threads which solve ur issue(Im sure some1 wud have had the same issue). Otherwise Create a separate thread fr ur issue

PharmD208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
Certain variants of the One like the Verizon version cant b unlocked thru HTCDev. The Verizon One needs to b unlocked with Rumrunner. There are special tools required fr certain variants. I only know so much, coz mine is International Unlocked. Search the forum fr any threads which solve ur issue(Im sure some1 wud have had the same issue). Otherwise Create a separate thread fr ur issue
Will do. Thanks.