[Q] cant flash ROM "remote not allowed" after nightly update CM

Search This thread

coma_white

Sep 16, 2012
hello guys
this is my first post here, and I hope that you will understand me, because my grammer is not perfect.
anyway, I have htc one s, which is unlocked, S_OFF, CID 11111111, hboot 2.15, radio 1.20.
I have CM11, and CyanDelta for nightly updates. Everything was fine until this morning, when I was installed new update (02022014) and my phone was stucked at CM boot screen.
I flashed boot.img but nothing happened.
I tried to flash ROM with fastboot, but I could not to put zip file on the sd card, because it was telling me that I need to format card.
When I formatted sd card from computer I lost everything, sd card is empty, theres no any file, but I dont care (dropbox for pic, etc). The problem is that when I trying to install new ROM from recovery or via fastboot I get "remote not allowed".
So I was thinking, is it maybe problem because sd card is empty? There is only rom zip, TWRP and android_secure directory.

Once again, sorry for my grammer, and thank you on your time.

Last edited:

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
Last cm doesn't boot, so it's normal that you stuck at boot screen. Next nightly will solve this problem. And for the other problem you have (remote not allowed) I think you should wipe the sd from twrp and try again

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One S

coma_white

Sep 16, 2012
tnx for your answer :)

I tried to flash some of the previous nightly and also new re-uploaded nightly 0202, but I always get stuck with this "remote not allowed" and when I try to flash with twrp it finish in about 5 seconds after message about MD5 file...
So actually Im now without OS and I cant install new. I mean I dont know how.

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
Ok you said that you formatted your sd from computer. This can be the cause of the error you get. Try wiping your sdcard from twrp, copy rom to sdcard and flash the rom again

Sent from my HTC One S

coma_white

Sep 16, 2012
yes, I tried this few times and nothing, but after I take a break, and went to eat something and then do this again it was working.
why it was not at first time, I dont know.
anyway, thank you on your help and your time :)

case solved

coma_white

Sep 16, 2012
Is your bootloader still unlocked?
I got this problem after flashing MHD, too, because my bootloader was relocked.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S

no, it was unlocked. I dont know why, but it didnt want to flash ROM until I take a break and starts over again.

Please, sorry on my english. I hope you will understand me.

Last edited: