Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No OS installed. Boots to TWRP. How can I restore?

OP Ethan795

3rd February 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Ideally back to CM11 but to stock would be fine also.

I made a bit of a mess of installing Firefox OS using multirom and now after playing with the recovery I've restored to factory settings hoping that would bring the stock rom back but it didn't. Now I'm left with a tablet with no functioning OS. I've done a bit of Googling but couldn't really find a straight forward guide, if someone could recommend one it'd be great. I looked in the FAQ here and found this thread but don't completely understand it, this is my first Android device so I'm not down with a lot of the terminology and such.

I've got access to a Mac primarily so if any software is required and there's Mac alternatives please suggest them but I can get access to a windows computer if it's required.

Thanks
3rd February 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,492

5,962 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan795

Ideally back to CM11 but to stock would be fine also.

I made a bit of a mess of installing Firefox OS using multirom and now after playing with the recovery I've restored to factory settings hoping that would bring the stock rom back but it didn't. Now I'm left with a tablet with no functioning OS. I've done a bit of Googling but couldn't really find a straight forward guide, if someone could recommend one it'd be great. I looked in the FAQ here and found this thread but don't completely understand it, this is my first Android device so I'm not down with a lot of the terminology and such.

I've got access to a Mac primarily so if any software is required and there's Mac alternatives please suggest them but I can get access to a windows computer if it's required.

Thanks

All you need to do is reflash your ROM, be it CM11 or stock or whatever you want. Download it, put it on your tablet, and flash it from TWRP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread