[Q] Root for 4.3?

Search This thread

Maduro78

Nov 24, 2013
Finally rooted unlocked and s-offd. Didn't think it was ever gonna happen but it's a proud day. Thanks to everyone that made it possible.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Vref,

Is the phone usb debug mode turned on? Do you have fast booting under power options to turned off?

Looks like you console spits back a # before the arguments which means you are admin. I know with Linux and Mac you don't need the HTC sync drivers.

Do a adb devices and what does the console display at that point ?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Vref

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
Vref,

Is the phone usb debug mode turned on? Do you have fast booting under power options to turned off?

Looks like you console spits back a # before the arguments which means you are admin. I know with Linux and Mac you don't need the HTC sync drivers.

Do a adb devices and what does the console display at that point ?

Phone is in USB Debug with fast boot turned off. Here's what I get from adb devices:

List of devices attached
FA37LS903642 offline

I uninstalled HTC Sync from the computer.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Phone is in USB Debug with fast boot turned off. Here's what I get from adb devices:

List of devices attached
FA37LS903642offline

I uninstalled HTC Sync from the computer.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Device should not say offline. That is weird. Make sure that you have no screen lock and that your phone is not locked when it's plugged in.

Reboot your Mac and the phone too.

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
Device should not say offline. That is weird. Make sure that you have no screen lock and that your phone is not locked when it's plugged in.

Reboot your Mac and the phone too.

Nope, no screen lock and the made sure just now the scree is pysically awake. Still getting device offline. I feel like its something simple but I'm just overlooking it.

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
In terminal type adb kill-server. Disconnect the phone, reboot the mac, reboot the phone, toggle usb debugging off then on, reconnect and try again.

ARRRRGH! Here's what I got after the reboots, toggle off then back on, ran adb devices:

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
FA37LS903642 offline

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
In terminal type adb kill-server. Disconnect the phone, reboot the mac, reboot the phone, toggle usb debugging off then on, reconnect and try again.

Gonna have to back burner this for the day and do some research. Thanks again selayan. I'll take another crack at it tonight.

I saw in the rumrunner thread where someone else got everything through using a Mac...might PM them and see what they're doing that I'm not.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Gonna have to back burner this for the day and do some research. Thanks again selayan. I'll take another crack at it tonight.

I saw in the rumrunner thread where someone else got everything through using a Mac...might PM them and see what they're doing that I'm not.

You may need to go into your mac android-sdk installation and update the software there with the latest sdk modules.

Maduro78

Nov 24, 2013

I successfully ran everything using mac

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
You may need to go into your mac android-sdk installation and update the software there with the latest sdk modules.

Just got done with work and just updated the SDK stuff. Everything on the laptop seems to be in working order.

Go to your developer settings and clear the allowed computers for adb access. Then unplug and replug phone. Should come up with the access request.

I've gone into the devloper setting but I don't see an option to clear allowed computers.

Even with the updated SDK I'm still stuck at error: device offline.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Somewhere in your Mac or the Mac holds info about the phone or the adb certificate. If you delete it, it should ask you for access to it next time. I too could not find the options in the debug settings on the phone.

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
Somewhere in your Mac or the Mac holds info about the phone or the adb certificate. If you delete it, it should ask you for access to it next time. I too could not find the options in the debug settings on the phone.

Looked everywhere I could think of and in places I had no business snooping. Not quite ready to throw in the towel but I'm pretty dang close.

Maybe just wait till 4.4 update comes out and try again after that.

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
I'm not sure if firewater works for 4.4.

I was just assuming at some point it would be updated to crack open 4.4.

I did get terminal to list the adb folders in the .android directory but there wasn't anything that would lead me to believe one was the keychain to remove and with my lack of knowledge I'm hesitant to just start removing files willy nilly.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Try a different usb cable. Make sure you use usb 2.0. If you have eclipse installed you can go to the top right corner under ddms and select devices and reset adb.

Vref

Mar 4, 2011
I'm on the road this week so I don't think I have a different cable.

I'll download eclipse tonight and give thet a try.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
That's the only thing I can think of other than trying another cable and another usb port.

I've done a Google search on how to remove adb devices on Mac but I could not find anything useful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't need to be in hboot to get it to work. Your phone doesn't even reboot during this.

As for more instructions, there aren't any really. It is not that hard. I think what you guys have issues with is that you are using a Mac. It works on osx but you have to know osx well.

You have to be admin first of all. It's been years since I had a Mac, but you need root permissions in osx and I think you have to go to your account settings, into the profile setting and make sure you enable root user for your login.

Second, you need adb and fastboot installed. I use Linux so it wasn't hard to set up, I just downloaded the android sdk, unzipped it somewhere, then ran the program and updated it, installed platform tools. Google how to set up your adb and fastboot home path.

You also have to go and get the htc one drivers from their website. Install them, then remove sync manager.

Once that is done, you open a command terminal. You do su in the terminal and type your password, hit enter. If su does not work try sudo su or su -li. If neither of those get you root terminal access then your osx login is not administrator or does not have root enabled in the users and groups settings.

Next, change directory to where you downloaded the firewater and temp root files. Do this by typing cd Downloads for example, or wherever you placed the files.

Assuming you have the htc drivers and adb home path set on osx, type adb reboot bootloader. Your phone will reboot. Then just follow the rest of the firewater directions on the site for temp root method. All it is, is issueing the commands and waiting when it tells you to.

I'm having an issue getting root. Bootloader unlocked and s-off worked but at no point did I have root access. Everything went through successfully. I'm using a mac

If you are s off and boot loader unlocked you are good to go. Root is something that comes with a Rom or you can flash the superuser zip file in fastboot from the santod thread here under HTC one for Verizon.

To gain root, just grab the twrp custom recovery from the twrp thread, latest is 2.6.3.4, connect phone to max, CD to where the recovery image file you downloaded is located and then boot your phone to the bootloader.

Select fastboot and your phone will display fastboot usb.

In terminal, type fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img. Then type fastboot erase cache.

Now boot phone to recovery and it will ask you when you select reboot system to install supersu. Swipe to install it. Otherwise just install a Rom of your choice, it will have root most likely.

I'm getting some conflicting information and just wanted to get it straight.

I've been told by someone whom I think is reputable that it is possible to gain root after taking the 4.3 update.

I know from the Rumrunner S-off thread that S-off is not achievable yet but that doesn't necessarily mean rooting is impossible.

Can someone set me straight here? Is it possible to root 4.3 but still be S-on?

Thanks.

When the phone first came out you could unlock the bootloader at htcdev, but that lasted 1 day. I'm unaware of any ways to root without rumrunner.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Firewater will be posted when it's done. I believe it will root 4.3. I had a one on 4.3 never used it but for a day and realized the reception was horrible and so I called Verizon and complained and they sent me this one that is 4.2 now which I rooted.

Well, having a rough go of it. Using MacBook with OS 10.6.8 and can't get the laptop to recognize the phone. Every time I plug in with a USB it brings the Htc sync software up. I disabled it in the phone tried plugging in and it STILL brings up HTC SYNC as if it were a CD rom trying to install.

I using the firewater temp root method.

Help!

Can you uninstall sync manager? On a Windows pc you can choose to leave the drivers and just uninstall sync manager. See if that is possible. Or if osx let's you disable the software from the os then you should be ok.