Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Note 3 user heavily considering Z Ultra

OP Poi25

2nd February 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #111  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi25

Good call. I didn't even think of using a meter. At exactly 1ft away (measured with tape measured), the highest I could get it with hard rock song was 74 dB.

Alright, not too bad since GSM Arena got 68 dB or something around that. 74 should be around the same as the iPhone.

I can't measure mine yet since I don't have it, but I'll probably get it back if a few days, so I'll check it out then.

It would be cool if more people here could measure their Ultras too. Just give us the name of the app/tool you used

Sent from my old Desire HD using Morse code
2nd February 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #112  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Alright, not too bad since GSM Arena got 68 dB or something around that. 74 should be around the same as the iPhone.

I can't measure mine yet since I don't have it, but I'll probably get it back if a few days, so I'll check it out then.

It would be cool if more people here could measure their Ultras too. Just give us the name of the app/tool you used

Sent from my old Desire HD using Morse code

Ya, but I think this is all very variable, and not very reliable. Turning around and using the app on the ZU to measure the Note 3, which is definitely MUCH louder than the ZU, gave me a maximum reading of 54 dB. Not possible.
2nd February 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #113  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
2,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi25

Ya, but I think this is all very variable, and not very reliable. Turning around and using the app on the ZU to measure the Note 3, which is definitely MUCH louder than the ZU, gave me a maximum reading of 54 dB. Not possible.

remember that there is a membrane over the mic on the ultra
2nd February 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #114  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

remember that there is a membrane over the mic on the ultra

3rd February 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #115  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
The speaker of the Z, Z1 and Ultra is like most Sony phone speakers: Crap!!!
It has nothing to do with the speaker being waterproof. Have a look at the old Xperia active or those Samsung B Series outdoor phones. Their speakers are much louder and fuller sounding than those tiny audio signals from the Z series. It's embarrassing when the "Best of Sony" sounds mich worse than "Middleclass of Sony" But beside that and the horrific Wife problems I'm starting to like the device after 5 days of use. But if the Wife problem persists I have to exchange it.
The Following User Says Thank You to system02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #116  
Senior Member
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 404
 
1,484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by system02

But beside that and the horrific Wife problems I'm starting to like the device after 5 days of use. But if the Wife problem persists I have to exchange it.

Don't blame the phone for problems with your relationship ;D

Sent from my Z Ultra
3rd February 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #117  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
*lol* I meant Wifi Problem and not my Wife!
3rd February 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #118  
Senior Member
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 404
 
1,484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by system02

*lol* I meant Wifi Problem and not my Wife!

Classic correction error

Sent from my Z Ultra
3rd February 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #119  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582
 
2,887 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by system02

*lol* I meant Wifi Problem and not my Wife!

Brilliant!

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
advice needed, note 3, pros and cons, switch phones, z ultra
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes