Note 3 overseas use

Tip us?

KgTheraad1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Note 3 overseas use

Hi Guys

I have a questions if anyone can help me out. I am with verizon and looking to jump ship to t-mobile. I travel extensively overseas to london due to work commitment ( almost every second month for 7-10 days) and they company want me to use the local sim cards.

I have a trip coming up at end of this month, does t-mobile phone unlocked for overseas use from the box like verizon ? or do i have to wait a certain time before i can unlock the phone for overseas use ? I understand t-mobile is sim-locked but does that also apply to overseas providers ?

Kawaisa
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by KgTheraad1 View Post
Hi Guys

I have a questions if anyone can help me out. I am with verizon and looking to jump ship to t-mobile. I travel extensively overseas to london due to work commitment ( almost every second month for 7-10 days) and they company want me to use the local sim cards.

I have a trip coming up at end of this month, does t-mobile phone unlocked for overseas use from the box like verizon ? or do i have to wait a certain time before i can unlock the phone for overseas use ? I understand t-mobile is sim-locked but does that also apply to overseas providers ?
Use the device on your T-Mobile line for 40 days and call in to get it unlocked. A stock T-Mobile N900T is carrier locked even if you throw use a foreign SIM, so get it unlocked.
Motorola V300 > Sony Ericsson K700i > Panasonic VS3 > Sony Ericsson W850i > HTC G1 > iPhone 2G > Samsung Vibrant > Samsung Galaxy S2 > HTC One S > Samsung Galaxy Note II + LG Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Note 3

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Actually t-mobile has great international plans, check the details, but it is very reasonable and you can call US for free as long as you're on WiFi (and don't receive any calls). After 40 days, they will unlock it for you anyhow and I'm not sure how it works if you pay COD, in theory your phone would be yours and they should unlock it right away.

gtharea
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You can unlock it yourself see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471742here

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 with Tweaked 1.0 and Wonderchild kernel
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe