UAG or Obliq - tough question

Tip us?

latouffe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default UAG or Obliq - tough question

Hey guys!

For the past 4-5 days im searching a good case for my new Galaxy S4.
I wanted to buy a Element case Atom green but its too expensive for my budget. Thats why im now more into UAG or the Obliq Xtreme.
I saw a lot of videos and review about the UAG (amazing Droptest!) it looks really nice and sturdy BUT! where i live i can only buy the rust or aero version.... I wanted the black or white version because the orange is too flashy and the blue aero is just dull...

So i checked The Obliq...

Its a nice case i like the design but not as much as of UAG. Theres no video drop tests for this case so i dont know if it will survive a 6'6 feet drop (my height) but has a really neat screen protector. And i can get it in all colors!
I also heard problems with buttons and problems with case removal when ie switching battery.

So could you tell me which one to choose? Is there someone who has both of them?

Thank you!

Camboteav
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Uag all the way. Had it for my s3 and now I have 2 for my s4 the uag Scout and uag Maverick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Garen21
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I bought an obliq case and the buttons just felt non existent and absolutely no clicky feel AT ALL

latouffe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garen21 View Post
I bought an obliq case and the buttons just felt non existent and absolutely no clicky feel AT ALL
So is it good or bad? :P
Thx for the answers!

Garen21
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by latouffe View Post
So is it good or bad? :P
Thx for the answers!
For me, it was terrible, I never use the case. Some people like that though

kaoss_11
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:

Thats not true at all. Once the buttons break in (lack of a better term), everything is fine.

One of the best cases i have owned. bought mine on ebay for 11 dollars shipped

Garen21
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoss_11 View Post
Thats not true at all. Once the buttons break in (lack of a better term), everything is fine.

One of the best cases i have owned. bought mine on ebay for 11 dollars shipped
I used mine for two days and the feel of the buttons didn't change at all. I've never had a case that required being "broken in", and I've had a crap load of cases

kaoss_11
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
I used mine for two days and the feel of the buttons didn't change at all. I've never had a case that required being "broken in", and I've had a crap load of cases
Maybe because they were craploads

CC268
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Just got my UAG Maverick and it is awesomr

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy S4 - VZW - ROOTED
Ghost Armor White Carbon Fiber

jtorres747
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Obliq vs UAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by latouffe View Post
Hey guys!

For the past 4-5 days im searching a good case for my new Galaxy S4.
I wanted to buy a Element case Atom green but its too expensive for my budget. Thats why im now more into UAG or the Obliq Xtreme.
I saw a lot of videos and review about the UAG (amazing Droptest!) it looks really nice and sturdy BUT! where i live i can only buy the rust or aero version.... I wanted the black or white version because the orange is too flashy and the blue aero is just dull...

So i checked The Obliq...

Its a nice case i like the design but not as much as of UAG. Theres no video drop tests for this case so i dont know if it will survive a 6'6 feet drop (my height) but has a really neat screen protector. And i can get it in all colors!
I also heard problems with buttons and problems with case removal when ie switching battery.

So could you tell me which one to choose? Is there someone who has both of them?

Thank you!
I like both, but currently purchased the Obliq in Gun Metal color which looks like Robocops phnoe or chest plate. I like that it keeps the slim profile yet feels nice and sturdy now in my hands. I also prefer the keyhole style cut out for camera/flash that the Obliq has vs the UAG seperate cut outs. Which I feel can interfere with the amount of flash when taking pic.

I also like the TPU rubber material used in Obliq that is much more rigid and slides into pocket or jeans easier with no pull or resistance when taking out. The front lay on table lip is about the same on both.

The corners on the UAG are extra padded which is probably better for corner drops but also makes it a bit wider and taller overall. The back plate hard plastic on the Obliq is very strong and feels unbreakable and doesn't flex much.

I have dropped my phone several times with Obliq case from different heights. Once from about 4 ft taking out of chest coat pocket. Once flat on it's face off the toilet tank cover which is about 3 feet high. Once from taking it out of back jeans pocket on it's back.

All times it didn't crack case or my screen. As for the power button and volume rocker buttons, yes they are stiff but it was a matter of doing the same thing that UAG did. Which is simply making a few slits on either side of button with an Exacto knife and all was good after that.