Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 51,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Feedback Appreciated..

Tip us?

dougthemug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Question [Q] Feedback Appreciated..

Hey everyone, Im previously coming from sg2 and the "legendary land" of project x,...(All hail Bilger!!), And I am considering upgrading to the LG G2 because of its beastly power & batt life, and size, unlike the note 3 which is kindly 2 large for my purposes, but still a great phone none the less. So i ask, has this been a decent phone for the masses? I know that with the storage limited to internal is a pain, but not a deal breaker considering it boasts at least a supposive 24 available gigs of sd storage. I've been doing research per all reviews & pros & cons, but i hope to rely on my xda homies to shed more light & their personal experience with this device....Thanks,,,,

hansgagel
Old
(Last edited by hansgagel; 3rd February 2014 at 12:24 PM.) Reason: edit
Thanks Meter 11
Hey man, this phone is the best one i ve ever owned... if battery life is important to you, i think this one is the best decision you could possibly make... mine lasts 2 full days with moderate usage (1,5 hrs/day). i think lg made some optimization to bluetooth and wifi etc while the phone is in sleep mode, cause i got my bluetooth enabled all the time... + the snapdragon 800 is a beast!

if you buy it, check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oar.xposedlgg2. perfect app!

EDIT: I also came from a sgs2... glad that i got away from samsung. i dont like the way they've choosen in the past...

dukla2000
Old
(Last edited by dukla2000; 3rd February 2014 at 09:04 PM.) Reason: to add the ps
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougthemug View Post
Hey everyone, Im previously coming from sg2 and the "legendary land" of project x,...(All hail Bilger!!), And I am considering upgrading to the LG G2 because of its beastly power & batt life, and size, unlike the note 3 which is kindly 2 large for my purposes, but still a great phone none the less. So i ask, has this been a decent phone for the masses? I know that with the storage limited to internal is a pain, but not a deal breaker considering it boasts at least a supposive 24 available gigs of sd storage. I've been doing research per all reviews & pros & cons, but i hope to rely on my xda homies to shed more light & their personal experience with this device....Thanks,,,,
Also came from an SGS2. Love my G2. Wanted a bigger screen and 4G - got both. Yup I had Kitkat on the S2 but LG JB is OK and hopefully KK will make it officially some day (running stock - have no reason to swap ROMs yet.)

Huge upside - battery life. For my usage had to charge S2 every night (as was down to 20-30%). G2 gives me 3 days use easily and 4 on light usage. Tap-on, love it. Screen glass is better version of gorilla or whatever - my S2 picked up fingerprints like crazy, the G2 glass stays clean. Storage space no sweat as the Wireless sharing works fine for me to xfer to/from PC. Also went berserk and got one of these gadgets for a whopping 1.39 so can carry extra storage with me if I have to (or read micro-SD from my other stuff on the G2 no problem (haven’t tried any OTG device yet.)

Personally figure the G2 is a steal - prices in the UK are pretty much down to Nexus 5 levels and as I was looking for a large, but pocket size, screen, is perfect for me.

ps - also love indicator light which shows if there has been any action (SMS/calls/messages etc) without powering up display.
The Following User Says Thank You to dukla2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]