Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device will NOT connect to 3G/4G service

Tip us?

KingRuss84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Device will NOT connect to 3G/4G service

I purchased the device 2nd hand and the device was already rooted. It is running a Cymogen (sp) o.s.
The device does not, and will not, connect to any data service beyond Edge (2G). I have tried unrooting and rerooting the device with no luck. I have swapped the SIM cards, yet when I place the SIM into any other device it connects to the service without a problem. I don't know what else to try or is this a clear sign that the 4G antenna is damage? Please help!!!

Nardholio
Old
Thanks Meter 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRuss84 View Post
I purchased the device 2nd hand and the device was already rooted. It is running a Cymogen (sp) o.s.
The device does not, and will not, connect to any data service beyond Edge (2G). I have tried unrooting and rerooting the device with no luck. I have swapped the SIM cards, yet when I place the SIM into any other device it connects to the service without a problem. I don't know what else to try or is this a clear sign that the 4G antenna is damage? Please help!!!
Can you give us a little more information? What version of Cyanogenmod are you running? (You can check this by going into settings, about phone. In fact, a screenshot of this would be helpful) What country are you in, what is your carrier?

KingRuss84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardholio View Post
Can you give us a little more information? What version of Cyanogenmod are you running? (You can check this by going into settings, about phone. In fact, a screenshot of this would be helpful) What country are you in, what is your carrier?
Im using 10.1 cyanogenmod im in the USA MD to be exact and I have T-Mobile... it appears to simply be the phone. again when i take the sim and place it in another device the 4g service works perfectly its just this device will not connect and suggestions?

Nardholio
Old
Thanks Meter 749
upgrade to cm 11?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk