Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to install Kitkat on Note 3 using Nightly Builds

OP sansari123

3rd February 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
I am trying to use this link to install Kitkat on my device, which I just rooted a few minutes ago. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599669 I need more detailed instructions on how to install what I download using Odin. The procedures just say to install the nightly build. I need to know how please.
3rd February 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 720

2,474 posts
More
All you have to do is make a backup in recovery, do a full factory wipe them flash CM & gapps. However, keep in mind that if you want to go back to a TW based rom you will find that a lot of apps won't work properly. Even after restoring a nandroid I was having problems with apps not being able to access data (for example my weather widget couldn't d/l skins and my app market app couldn't d/l anything.)

To get things working normally on my TW backup I had to use Odin to go to stock MJ4. Then I had to do a factory reset within stock MJ4. Then I had to Odin TWRP recovery then finally restore my backup.

In short I really hope you like AOSP because if you don't it's a major PITA to return to TW

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to SantinoInc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread