Ocrs55
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thainess View Post
Just bought this case. So far so good.

I only have to complaints about this case

The power button is very hard to push down and use. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also the screen protector it comes with has the "bubble" effect I'm thinking about just taking it off. I already have a screen protector on there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
I've found the power button on the case loosens up a bit over time

scoobmd
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Just got my Note 3 and am looking at several cases. The Otterboxes are just too pricey.

Are you guys still liking your Kraken after several months?

jacqueline robert
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocrs55 View Post
Attachment 2538539

For anyone researching this case before buying, I thought I'd post my experience. I'll try to list the aspects of the case as I experienced them with the "unboxing" as it were.

First off, ecstatic that I finally would have some decent protection for my phone. I put on a screen protector and cheap case while waiting for the Kraken to become available. Nothing of huge interest opening the package or taking the case apart (I'd watched a lot of S4 Kraken videos).

Attachment 2538559

The inner silicone Perseus case is REALLY flimsy. It took me a long time to get the front over the silicone without wrinkling it, it took me several tries. After that, the Perseus and front easily snap together with the back.

I had to take off the kickstand to get the case to lay flat. With the stand off, the rubber corners make contact with the desk and I don't have to worry about scratching surfaces.

With the phone screen turned off you can see what looks like oil or something between the protector and the phone but it seems to be lessening over the past 24hrs and this oil look isn't visible when the screen in on. There is increased Spen friction from the protector. I don't know if I'm just getting used to it, but it seems to be getting smoother. I've found the protector to be a lint magnet as well as smudges/fingerprints.

All sensors,microphones and speaker works fine. The speaker even seems louder now.

The headphone and charger flaps close firmly but not the Spen one.

The Spen is a pain to get out but I guess I'll get used to it.

There doesn't seem to be any glare from the flash when taking pics.

The power and volume buttons seem to work better with this case than on the cheap slim case I had on previously.

I find the case big: 3 5/8" x 6 3/8" x 5/8" not including the protruding corners ( 3 3/4" x 6 1/2" x 3/4" with corners)

Overall, I think this is a solid case with good protection but time will tell (I work in construction)
Nice case

Ocrs55
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobmd View Post
Just got my Note 3 and am looking at several cases. The Otterboxes are just too pricey.

Are you guys still liking your Kraken after several months?
Absolutely. Nothing has broken or worn out since I put it on and other than needing an occasional cleaning, it still looks like new. This case cost me $68.00 so it's not a cheap case by any means.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ocrs55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kangi26
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1422
Quote:
Absolutely. Nothing has broken or worn out since I put it on and other than needing an occasional cleaning, it still looks like new. This case cost me $68.00 so it's not a cheap case by any means.
$68?? Amazon has them for $33 http://www.amazon.com/Trident-Case-K...+kraken+note+3

Ocrs55
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangi26 View Post
When I ordered this case, MobileFun was the only place that had them in stock and didn't have brokerage fees added.

kangi26
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1422
Quote:
When I ordered this case, MobileFun was the only place that had them in stock and didn't have brokerage fees added.
Oh, crap, well sorry to point out the price changes

1tfrot
Old
Thanks Meter 3
great case. I use the Aegis every day and then put the Kraken on for those crazy days it's needed (like going offroad and stuff). very high quality for both cases.

the Kraken does make the phone bulkier, but I only use it for those days it might get banged around.

Ocrs55
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangi26 View Post
Oh, crap, well sorry to point out the price changes
No probs. You know the way it is, when you want something new right away, you pay top dollar.

scoobmd
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Thanks for the heads up that you guys still like the case.
Yeah, that's another reason I was looking at the Kraken over the Defender- price.