#Fixed [Q] Bricked I9500 MTK6589

OP skiawolf

3rd February 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello developers,

I am not really new here, but more a reader than a writer. But this time I need your help.

I have tried to flash a Chinese I9500 clone (mtk6589), with an chinese recovery and without a download mode.
After i tried with MtkDroidtools, neither have a download mode, recovery mode or rom.

After turning on the phone it keeps rebooting after showing the I9500 logo. Even if i connect it to the computer.
The real problem is: I can't make a stable connection with the computer to flash a new image.

Is there another option or did i really bricked this one?
Last edited by skiawolf; 4th February 2014 at 04:23 PM.
3rd February 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiawolf

Hello developers,

I am not really new here, but more a reader than a writer. But this time I need your help.

I have tried to flash a Chinese I9500 clone (mtk6589), with an chinese recovery and without a download mode.
After i tried with MtkDroidtools, neither have a download mode, recovery mode or rom.

After turning on the phone it keeps rebooting after showing the I9500 logo. Even if i connect it to the computer.
The real problem is: I can't make a stable connection with the computer to flash a new image.

Is there another option or did i really bricked this one?

only thing i could suggest is try finding , the software designed for flashing that device, maybe try contacting the actual manufacturer.

you may be waiting some time as clones arent supported here on xda
The Following User Says Thank You to andy1weir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1weir

only thing i could suggest is try finding , the software designed for flashing that device, maybe try contacting the actual manufacturer.

you may be waiting some time as clones arent supported here on xda

Thnx for your reply, but even if i have the right software. The phone keeps restarting,
so i have to stop the rebooting, otherwise the computer won't recognize the phone.
3rd February 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag on top of your mother
Thanks Meter: 750

1,849 posts
Donate to Me
More
You get what you pay for.
The Following User Says Thank You to theunderling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
#Fixed
This will sound implausible but:

I deleted the battery, installed the last usb driver en used the hard reset combination. So the rebooting stopped.
after that, I followed the tutorial called "How To use SP Flash Tool For China Mobile Phones - HDC Legend S4 [HD]" (on youtube) and its done.

I had this problem for months and now this solution finally worked for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread