XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Book cover issue

Tip us?

cristighenea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Book cover issue

When I ordered the tablet i also got an Ivso cover.
I have an issue when I flip the cover fully open: when the magnetic part touches the top back side of tablet the screen will switch off. It looks like the tablet thinks that the cover has been closed.
This thing is quite annoying and I couldn't find any way to disable this.

Is there any way that I could change how the tablet reacts when the cover is closed? Disabling the behavior(lock it when the book cover closes) could work for me but i couldn't find a way to do it.

Any thoughts?

prasanna.desh123
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristighenea View Post
I have an issue when I flip the cover fully open: when the magnetic part touches the top back side of tablet the screen will switch off. It looks like the tablet thinks that the cover has been closed.

Is there any way that I could change how the tablet reacts when the cover is closed? Disabling the behavior(lock it when the book cover closes) could work for me but i couldn't find a way to do it.

Any thoughts?

I have a similar trouble as well..

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 598
Quote:

Any thoughts?
I have the same IVSO cover , but don`t encounter such a problem.

lvautier
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

Any thoughts?
The cover you purchased is not genuine Samsung. I had ordered one on EBAY and it did the same thing. When I purchased the cover from BestBuy, I no longer have the issue because the cover opens opposite to the one I purchased from EBAY.
The Following User Says Thank You to lvautier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cristighenea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvautier View Post
The cover you purchased is not genuine Samsung. I had ordered one on EBAY and it did the same thing. When I purchased the cover from BestBuy, I no longer have the issue because the cover opens opposite to the one I purchased from EBAY.
thanks, I am going to buy one and check

neol23
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Is there an option to disable cover detection at all? I want to lock my tablet manually. I cannot find such option in settings...
Ne0L23
Go to work, get married, make some kids, pay ur taxes, pay ur bills, watch ur TV, follow fashion, act normal,
OBEY THE LAW, and repeat...
I AM FREE!!!

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by neol23 View Post
Is there an option to disable cover detection at all? I want to lock my tablet manually. I cannot find such option in settings...
Dont think there is one.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Dell Inspiron 1720 - Awesome Laptop