[Q] Proper way to remove a package from source?

OP puckowskid

2nd February 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hello all,

I am working on a custom CyanogenMod ROM (10.2) for my own use. I've managed to accomplish most of my goals. One thing remains: removing packages that I don't want/need from the build. Technically, I am able to do so already by modifying the Android.mk file of the package so that it produces errors during the build procedure, skips building the package, but doesn't stop the entire build process. However, that is just a lousy hack.

Can anyone point me to the correct .mk/.sh/.whatever files in the repository I would need to edit (there are probably several) so that I can skip building the packages I don't want included in my ROM? I want to avoid using a "kitchen" if I can. I won't actually learn anything if I use a kitchen.
4th February 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Files to look at
After laboriously looking through the repository, I came accross several files/directories you may need to look through/edit to remove packages from the build:

This directory (replace cm102 with your path to your Cyanogen repo):
/cm102/vendor/cm/config

This file:
/cm102/android/cm-10.2-M1.xml (<- This is a long file, dig through it. I edited this to help me remove some prepackaged live wallpapers, but there is a lot more in here.)

Device specific CM makefile that may specify additional packages to include (replace the all caps with whatever seems logical in your directory at each step):
/cm102/device/YOUR_MANUFACTURER/CODENAME-COMMON/CODENAME-COMMON.mk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread