5,593,293 Members 32,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

+ sign in front of incoming calls.

Tip us?

comepiedraverde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default + sign in front of incoming calls.

Hi,

I posted this on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49978192

as I was utterly ignored (probably my fault) I am reposting here, hopefuly is both the right place and it gets the right visibility.
--->
I am sure if this relates to this post, but as I unlocked the phone using this method I hope someone else can help.
I follow the steps listed here to unlock the phone and I am using it with NET10 in USA. My SPH-L720 has a NET10 card in it and I am connected to their network (No LTE, but the internet is still fast enough). I also changed the method listed here to change the phone number listed on settings ##MLS# and enter the number on both fields.

At this point everything works on the phone except for a really annoying detail.

Every call I get (and these are local US calls, not international) has a + (plus sign) at the front.
this is triggering two problems
1- the number shown on the caller id of the incoming call does not always match a number on my phone book. This is a problem as I don't know who is calling.
2- if I dial back, to call the number who called me, the call does not go through.
Now, if I go to the address book I can call any saved number.
The SIMM card i put on this S4 came from a Galaxy S2, which was working perfectly (not having these issues) - (I had to cut it to make it a micro)

At this point the only solution I have found is to use a program called Prefixer (apk) which will change the first character of every outgoing call to a +1. This of course will force me to edit every number on my phonebook and add the + (as otherwise prefixer will be changing any "first" character into a +1). I do have a lot of numbers
I wonder if someone can come up with a solution which does not involve something like this.

I hope the issue is understood, it has taken me three days to explain it to the NET10 team, and all they always asked was if I needed to make an international call (retards) :/

Thanks for all the help.

comepiedraverde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This is my work around so far, but I wish I could find a native solution to the problem

1- I exported all my contacts from google and fixed all the number in my address book only to include area code and number (no other symbols or spaces, etc) as in 305765342
2 downloaded: Prefixer from 253°Below (sorry I am new, can't post links)
I programmed two incoming and two outgoing rules using regular expressions to remove the + and +1 in front of numbers

The only annoying thing is that that app vibrates and provides a notification everytime one of the rules is triggered.

I wonder if anyone has a better idea on how to fix this.

Thanks