5,604,443 Members 48,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to enable themes on the att lg g2

Tip us?
 
nabril15
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 390
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Default How to enable themes on the att lg g2

I share this gem with you courtesy of someone called Leftarmspinner.
TO ENABLE THEMES ON THE ATT LG G2.

1. Download and install Launcher Pro from Google Play (you don't need to set it as default launcher or anything) and Later you can uninstall. This enables the hidden settings menu, which most of us have done one way or another.
2. Add Activities widget to your LG Launcher home screen. Search for Home > com.lge.launcher2.hiddenmenu.LGHomeHiddenMenuActiv ity

3. Voilà now you have access to hidden settings from your Home screen. Look for the setting feature_use_theme and check it off.

4. You can now use themes!!!! How cool.


Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to nabril15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
antawnm26
Old
(Last edited by antawnm26; 2nd February 2014 at 02:06 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 965
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabril15 View Post
I share this gem with you courtesy of someone called Leftarmspinner.
TO ENABLE THEMES ON THE ATT LG G2.

1. Download and install Launcher Pro from Google Play (you don't need to set it as default launcher or anything) and Later you can uninstall. This enables the hidden settings menu, which most of us have done one way or another.
2. Add Activities widget to your LG Launcher home screen. Search for Home > com.lge.launcher2.hiddenmenu.LGHomeHiddenMenuActiv ity

3. Voilà now you have access to hidden settings from your Home screen. Look for the setting feature_use_theme and check it off.

4. You can now use themes!!!! How cool.


Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
Nice find thanks....Once you enable it can you delete the app and still have access to the theme?
 
hemanshu025
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Feb 2011
Thats f***€g great man. Thank you so much. It worked like a gem. 😄😄😄😄😄

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
antawnm26
Old
(Last edited by antawnm26; 2nd February 2014 at 06:28 AM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 965
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanshu025 View Post
Thats f***€g great man. Thank you so much. It worked like a gem. ����������

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nevermind I got it....
 
nabril15
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 390
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
If you're having trouble enabling the setting, there is an easier way
Download the module G2 tweaks for xposed.
Go to misc tweaks
Enable hidden launcher settings.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
 
thebehemoth73
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Austin
How do u add activities widget ? I can't get into xposed because I'm unrooted

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
 
nabril15
Old
(Last edited by nabril15; 4th February 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 390
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebehemoth73 View Post
How do u add activities widget ? I can't get into xposed because I'm unrooted

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
There's another thread that shows how to do this. search for enable g2 hidden settings.

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
 
nabril15
Old
(Last edited by nabril15; 4th February 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 390
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebehemoth73 View Post
How do u add activities widget ? I can't get into xposed because I'm unrooted

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Here it is
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49920364
Go to the op

Here is another way
Anyway guys, I found a solution to acces to the hidden setting without installing Launcher Pro.
Just get "Any Shortcut" on the market (here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ui.anyshortcut)), then create a shortcut with these parameters :
*Application :* com.lge.launcher2
*Activity :* com.lge.launcher2.hiddenmenu.LGHomeHiddenMenuActiv ity (without a space between "Activ" and "ity" !)
*Action :* nothing
*Intent :* nothing
(See screenshot in attachment).
Then : create, your shortcut is done !
And you have access to the launcher hidden settings

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app
DONT FORGET THAT THANKS BUTTON

The Following User Says Thank You to nabril15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more