5,605,026 Members 34,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HtC One Update Help!!

Tip us?

Jahmarr.jade
Old
(Last edited by Jahmarr.jade; 3rd February 2014 at 06:50 AM.) Reason: picture added
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] HtC One Update Help!!

Have An Htc one from bell unlocked using it on fido. Recently 4.4.2 has came out for my htc one and every time i update it will stop half way through and give me an red triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle of it, How can i fix this so i can update my phone.
I got this phone from a friend and im not sure if its rooted or anything.

Thanks in advance

Bllooi
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahmarr.jade View Post
Have An Htc one from bell unlocked using it on fido. Recently 4.4.2 has came out for my htc one and every time i update it will stop half way through and give me an red triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle of it, How can i fix this so i can update my phone.

Thanks in advance
Reboot the phone and hold down the power and volume down button while its rebooting then check if in the top it says 'UNLOCKED' if it is then you can't update. Just search on the forums on how to unroot.

Happy Flashing from the proud owner of a HTC One.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote:

Thanks in advance
To get out of boot loader simply use your volume buttons to navigate down and use power button to select reboot

Devices : HTC One (Current), Galaxy S4, Galaxy Camera, HTC One X+, HTC Sensation, IPhone 3GS
ROM: ROM: Bouncing from ROM to ROM.
Kernal: STi V19
shenweilooi@gmail.com
Add Me As A Friend On Steam! CLICK HERE [/COLOR]
HIT ME UP WITH A THANKS

Jahmarr.jade
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bootloader (locked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bllooi View Post
Reboot the phone and hold down the power and volume down button while its rebooting then check if in the top it says 'UNLOCKED' if it is then you can't update. Just search on the forums on how to unroot.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

To get out of boot loader simply use your volume buttons to navigate down and use power button to select reboot

I went into the bootloader and it says Locked at the top, what does that mean? Since its locked can't i update it? I'm new to this stuff sorry

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I went into the bootloader and it says Locked at the top, what does that mean? Since its locked can't i update it? I'm new to this stuff sorry
It means you need to do some reading and research. Good day!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk