Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Run Google Wallet on Gear

Tip us?

borillion_star
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Angry Run Google Wallet on Gear

Does the Galaxy Gear have an NFC chip, or more importantly that "Secure Element" ? Any possibility of getting Google Wallet tap to pay running on it?

waco2hot33
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by borillion_star View Post
Does the Galaxy Gear have an NFC chip, or more importantly that "Secure Element" ? Any possibility of getting Google Wallet tap to pay running on it?
I think the NFC chip is in the cradle not the actual phone if I'm correct please lmk. ..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 421

DONATE TO ME
The gear itself does not have NFC. The cradle has an NFC programmable tile built in, but that's the extent of it.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks! button!

Devices:
2012 ASUS Nexus 7 - KitKat 4.4.4 Stock ROM - leanKernel(grouper) v4.0
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(N900TUVUDNF4) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.5

Helpful Threads by Yours Truly:

skoobz
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by waco2hot33 View Post
I think the NFC chip is in the cradle not the actual phone if I'm correct please lmk. ..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
correct. the direction states that to put the watch in the cradle then tap it to your phone. speaking of which, that cradle is thick enough to put in a battery. that way it's like having a spare battery.
Nokia 6160|Sanyo 5150|Sanyo 5300|Sanyo 6400|Sanyo 8100|Samsung A800|Samsung A900|Moto Q|Palm 700w|Moto RAZR|htc Diamond|htc Touch Pro|BlackBerry Curve|Nokia E71x|Palm Pre|htc TP 2|BlackBerry Torch|htc EVO 4g|htc EVO LTE|Samsung Note2|Note3