Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Feel like an idiot for asking this... How do I change the bootscreen animation on 4.3

Tip us?

MattDusza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Feel like an idiot for asking this... How do I change the bootscreen animation on 4.3

So I updated to 4.3 (not OTA, I used the TouchWiz rooted with aroma rom) but I lost the bootscreen that Ive had on my phone forever. In trying to reinstall it, it just doesnt work anymore. After doing some googling, and reading around on other threads, I see that animations are now under .qmg's as opposed to the old bootanimation.zip methods. Well, I still dont know what Im doing, because I got a proper bootsamsung.qmg, used root explorer to change it out of read only, deleted the one in the media folder, pasted mine in there, and changed the permissions back to rw-r--r--, and im still getting the new stock bootscreen.

Is there something Im missing here? Again, I feel stupid for asking this. Im not super knowledgeable on alot of this, but I can get myself around, and usually find where Ive gone wrong and fix my problem, but this one has straight up stumped me

RipCity12
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you are referring to old&slow's TW Rom, in the 3rd post of his thread, there is a link to flashable boot animations. After you flash one of those, you can then replace the boot animation with whatever you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to RipCity12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]