MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

[Q] I need help!!!!

4th February 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I am wanting to download the Google edition of the 4.4.2 kit Kat update for the Sprint HTC One but am having no luck, can someone help me? I need a sense Rom and I don't like the new update Sprint provides. I'm currently on viperrom 3.5.0 because they don't have the newer versions for Sprint. Everything I look for good Roms they say I need TWRP 2.6.3.3 but the Sprint version is only 2.6.3.0. I'm just sad about this I really want the Google edition.
4th February 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #2  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,850
 
8,187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Use the latest version of TWRP,CWM, or PhilzTouch and you should be ok
4th February 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1

I am wanting to download the Google edition of the 4.4.2 kit Kat update for the Sprint HTC One but am having no luck, can someone help me? I need a sense Rom and I don't like the new update Sprint provides. I'm currently on viperrom 3.5.0 because they don't have the newer versions for Sprint. Everything I look for good Roms they say I need TWRP 2.6.3.3 but the Sprint version is only 2.6.3.0. I'm just sad about this I really want the Google edition.

I don't think that you can run Google edition. That is a GSM version and not CDMA. I would wait to see if someone can confirm that before you hose your phone. Know that they have unbrick directions for those that flash the GSM version on Sprint (which is CDMA).
4th February 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I actually set my phone to gsm because I have a bad esn and i SIM unlocked my phone, the HTC one is everything compatible


Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using xda app-developers app
4th February 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Use the latest version of TWRP,CWM, or PhilzTouch and you should be ok

I can't find a better version of twrp for Sprint everything says they need 2.6.3.3 and when I try it fails every time
4th February 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #6  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,850
 
8,187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1

I can't find a better version of twrp for Sprint everything says they need 2.6.3.3 and when I try it fails every time

2.6.3.0 is the latest version for Sprint
Try CWM 6.0.4.3
PhilZ Touch
4th February 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

2.6.3.0 is the latest version for Sprint
Try CWM 6.0.4.3
PhilZ Touch

How do I flash a different recovery onto my phone?
4th February 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #8  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,850
 
8,187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1

How do I flash a different recovery onto my phone?

Same way you flash TWRP
4th February 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Same way you flash TWRP

I dont remember how I did all that without relocking my phone. Do I use a computer? I really can't recall and don't know how to replace the twrp
4th February 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #10  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,850
 
8,187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Download the recovery you want
Put the file in your platform tools folder
Open a cmd window from that folder
Type adb reboot bootloader
It should say fastbootusb
Type fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
Type fastboot erase cache
Done

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes