Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 36,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable Exchange Security Policies

Tip us?

doomfrawen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Tablet [Q] Disable Exchange Security Policies

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, if is not the right place I will move it.

Recently I bought a Windows 8.1 tablet, so playing around with the pre-installed apps I set up my corporate exchange account in the Mail App(Metro) and it disabled the option to access with PIN and picture just the password was left as an option. So just wondering if is it possible to disable the exchange security that is imposed by the Mail App in Windows 8/8.1.

Thanks guys,

Anonymously_Unknown
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I get the feeling that you think it would work the same way as that of Android where you simply flash a cracked /modded .APK file
I simply use OWA (Outlook Web App) so as not to have to conform to the security.
You could also install a full copy of MS Outlook (desktop version) so as to bypass that requirement.

chris_toshiba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomfrawen View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, if is not the right place I will move it.

Recently I bought a Windows 8.1 tablet, so playing around with the pre-installed apps I set up my corporate exchange account in the Mail App(Metro) and it disabled the option to access with PIN and picture just the password was left as an option. So just wondering if is it possible to disable the exchange security that is imposed by the Mail App in Windows 8/8.1.

Thanks guys,
Left click or long hold on the start menu, click control panel then user accounts. On left hand side of the window you will find 'reset security policies' at the bottom of the list.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,694
I think you can also do it in Local Security Policy editor (secpol.msc) but I haven't ever tried. The actual restriction is stored in the registry. Be aware that if you continue using the corporate account, you'll probably get locked out of picture password again. Also be aware that what you're asking for is probably a violation of your company's policies and is much less secure (in order for the feature to work, your machine must store the password or an equivalent to it; normally no such thing is stored).

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S SGH-T899M using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
Tags
disable mail security, policies, windows 8