SlimKat Camera for AOSP Roms??

Search This thread

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Love the camera in SlimKat RC2 but ROM is a bit buggy is there anyway to mod the camera in SlimKat RC2 to work on AOSP ROMs like ProBam/PA? I tried swopping out Camera2 apk's but that doesnt work... hope someone can assist thanks

reason: AOSP ROMs only have fullscreen aspect ratio not the normal 4.3 (unless you go down to 7MP) and the controls on the SlimKat camera are amazing.

Reactions: cyan pac

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
Love the camera in SlimKat RC2 but ROM is a bit buggy is there anyway to mod the camera in SlimKat RC2 to work on AOSP ROMs like ProBam/PA? I tried swopping out Camera2 apk's but that doesnt work... hope someone can assist thanks

reason: AOSP ROMs only have fullscreen aspect ratio not the normal 4.3 (unless you go down to 7MP) and the controls on the SlimKat camera are amazing.

Copy the camera 2 apk into system/app and change the permission to rw-r-r

I tested it and t worked on the latest cm 11 nightly. To change permissions use the cm file explorer and while its in system app hold down on it, hit properties, then permissions, then uncheck the second box in the second row.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria

I tested it and t worked on the latest cm 11 nightly. To change permissions use the cm file explorer and while its in system app hold down on it, hit properties, then permissions, then uncheck the second box in the second row.

Thanks, but tried exactly that, changed permissions and tried to install but keeps saying app not installed???, rebooted (cleared caches etc.) but same issue... any other ideas?

EDIT: Got it right! just copy the camera 2 apk from slimkat to sys/app it will ask to overwrite or cancel, select overwrite (your camera icon on homescreen is now missing), camera will not install if tapped, dont worry, Now go to Apps and clear data from Camera, and uninstall updates, then it will ask you if you want to install the factory version (which is now the slimkat version in sys/app) say yes and voila you now have the slimkat camera on your AOSP rom. its a much better camera app than the std AOSP one, the slimkat one has many more options and control incl the 13MP 4:3 aspect ratio...

Last edited:

mademan420

Feb 22, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks, but tried exactly that, changed permissions and tried to install but keeps saying app not installed???, rebooted (cleared caches etc.) but same issue... any other ideas?

EDIT: Got it right! just copy the camera 2 apk from slimkat to sys/app it will ask to overwrite or cancel, select overwrite (your camera icon on homescreen is now missing), camera will not install if tapped, dont worry, Now go to Apps and clear data from Camera, and uninstall updates, then it will ask you if you want to install the factory version (which is now the slimkat version in sys/app) say yes and voila you now have the slimkat camera on your AOSP rom. its a much better camera app than the std AOSP one, the slimkat one has many more options and control incl the 13MP 4:3 aspect ratio...

Got an apk that you dont mind sharing for the slimkat camera? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.