2nd February 2014, 02:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2
No it's not possible.

But still, it would be fun
4th February 2014, 07:13 AM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,874
We don't have the Board Support Package to run RT on the N7's hardware, I suspect. Additionally, you might need Secure Boot for a retail image (not sure, actually probably not, but maybe).

If you can get to a UEFI shell on the N7, you could *try* loading the restore image for a Gen1 Surface (or anything else that runs RT on hardware very similar to the N7), but I'd be shocked if it worked. You'd also need a license key, and I have no idea how you'd get that (they're usually only available to OEMs).

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S SGH-T899M using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
4th February 2014, 08:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1
Originally Posted by hema2010h

Is there any way to run Windows RT on Nexus 7

Like they said, that would be prohibitively difficult. However, you could try using your Nexus as a thin client to connect to a PC running Windows 8. There is an app called Splashtop that is a remote desktop client, and is free on a local network. It can stream fast enough to play a game, it's pretty cool. I actually use it on my Surface 2 to play games or run audio software from my desktop computer.

There is also an app called "Onlive Desktop" that allows you to have remote desktop access to a cloud computer running windows. Last time I tried it, it was Windows 7, but they could have changed by now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread