[Q] Strange problem installing certain roms

Tip us?

Pendazz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Strange problem installing certain roms

Hi all

This is my first post here, although i've been using your resources for some time now - and they've been very helpfull

I can't however, seem to find an answer to this issue i've ran into.

First of all, let me say i'm fairly new to rooting/custom roms - i understand the basic concept and i've been using my Galaxy Tab 2 7" as a test device to experiment with.

So Heres my hardware details from what i understand:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7"
GT-P3110

I'm using: CWM v6.0.4.5

I've managed to install the following rom with no issues whatsoever:

aokp_P3110_jb-mr2_unofficial_2013-11-04.zip

now i'm trying to find a more up-to-date version (i would prefer something based on 4.4 or later as i miss the ability to install apps onto the SDcard rather than the internal memory (its my understanding they removed this feature, then re-added it in 4.4?)

so next i tried:

aokp_p3110_kitkat_unofficial_2013-12-24.zip

which during installation gives me the following error:

Quote:
This package is for "p3110,GT-P3110,p3113,GT-P3113,expressowifi,espressowifixx" devices; this is a "espressorf"
Which to me doesn't make sense as i'm fairly sure my device is P3113 EspressoWifi.

Am I missing something here?

A little nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Pendaz

tab2noob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendazz View Post
Hi all

This is my first post here, although i've been using your resources for some time now - and they've been very helpfull

I can't however, seem to find an answer to this issue i've ran into.

First of all, let me say i'm fairly new to rooting/custom roms - i understand the basic concept and i've been using my Galaxy Tab 2 7" as a test device to experiment with.

So Heres my hardware details from what i understand:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7"
GT-P3110

I've managed to install the following rom with no issues whatsoever:

aokp_P3110_jb-mr2_unofficial_2013-11-04.zip

now i'm trying to find a more up-to-date version (i would prefer something based on 4.4 or later as i miss the ability to install apps onto the SDcard rather than the internal memory (its my understanding they removed this feature, then re-added it in 4.4?)

so next i tried:

aokp_p3110_kitkat_unofficial_2013-12-24.zip

which during installation gives me the following error:

Which to me doesn't make sense as i'm fairly sure my device is P3113 EspressoWifi.

Am I missing something here?

A little nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Pendaz

I think you need to check for shure what you have. You started by saying you have a P3110 and ended with P3113.

Look for the serial number on the back of the tab and compare with the serial number in About device in settings. If they are the same on the back of the tab where the serial number is is also the model number in small letters and numbers.

The other is to boot into download mode in the second screen it tells you the model. but if you have flashed the wrong firmware it might have changed it. hope this gives you a start.

Pendazz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab2noob View Post
I think you need to check for shure what you have. You started by saying you have a P3110 and ended with P3113.

Look for the serial number on the back of the tab and compare with the serial number in About device in settings. If they are the same on the back of the tab where the serial number is is also the model number in small letters and numbers.

The other is to boot into download mode in the second screen it tells you the model. but if you have flashed the wrong firmware it might have changed it. hope this gives you a start.

Thanks for the reply

3113 was a typo, its definetly 3110 (stamped on the back of the device)

To confirm i booted to download mode:

Code:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-P3110
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:L YES (1 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
sorry about that, my mistake

So all the rom's ive attempted to install have been for the P3110

It just seems strange that some of them are telling me my device isn't a P3110 yet other roms for P3110 work perfectly?

Old
(Last edited by 150208; 3rd February 2014 at 07:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
I got same problems too, about 2 days ago, but in p3100 device

All you have to do is switch back your recovery to the earlier version, now im using GT-P3100_CWM_6.0.4.6_Swipe-Edition.zip. Maybe you can try the p3110 6.0.4.6 ver.

The one that cause error like you said when installing rom in my device is "GT-P3100_CWM_6.0.4.7_Swipe-Edition.zip". I'm sure i download the right files because i never renamed the files and it says so.

Maybe @Android-Andi should see this..

=====

looking at the errors you gave, maybe android-andi has swapped the name accidentally. i got an error "this is a expressowifi"

Android-Andi
Old
(Last edited by Android-Andi; 3rd February 2014 at 08:03 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4216
thanks for reporting guys, i'll take a look on it, maybe i renamed my files wrong and switched P3110 and P3100

i'll report back later

Edit:
I build new recoverys and upload them later

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150208 View Post
I got same problems too, about 2 days ago, but in p3100 device

All you have to do is switch back your recovery to the earlier version, now im using GT-P3100_CWM_6.0.4.6_Swipe-Edition.zip. Maybe you can try the p3110 6.0.4.6 ver.

The one that cause error like you said when installing rom in my device is "GT-P3100_CWM_6.0.4.7_Swipe-Edition.zip". I'm sure i download the right files because i never renamed the files and it says so.

Maybe @Android-Andi should see this..

=====

looking at the errors you gave, maybe android-andi has swapped the name accidentally. i got an error "this is a expressowifi"
Sorry, i packed P3110 recovery as P3100
but P3110 packed right. seems like i forgot to replace the recovery.img inside the zip

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendazz View Post
(...)
(...)
From me?

Edit:
I removed all CWM 6.0.4.7-Swipe. Will be ready again later, building right now Sorry again!
Devices:
P3110

My 50 Cent @ Community

Omni Rom P31XX and P51XX

TWRP 2.7.0.2 & CWM 6.0.4.7 / CWM 6.0.4.7 based Recoverys / PhilZ Touch P31XX and P51XX

P31XX Tutorials as PDF (e.g. Dualboot)

ADB-Mini-Tools

SlimRom-Team Member
P31XX - P51XX

More:

Android-Andi
Old
(Last edited by Android-Andi; 3rd February 2014 at 11:36 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4216
Here we go @150208 and all other!

Seems like i packed P3110 recovery.img inside the P3100 ZIP last time lol.... sorry for the Problems.

I compiled new CWM 6.0.4.7-Swipe from latest Source:

Some more updates

Devices:
P3110

My 50 Cent @ Community

Omni Rom P31XX and P51XX

TWRP 2.7.0.2 & CWM 6.0.4.7 / CWM 6.0.4.7 based Recoverys / PhilZ Touch P31XX and P51XX

ADB-Mini-Tools

SlimRom-Team Member
P31XX - P51XX

More:
The Following User Says Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pendazz
Old
(Last edited by Pendazz; 4th February 2014 at 08:38 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi View Post
Here we go @150208 and all other!

Seems like i packed P3110 recovery.img inside the P3100 ZIP last time lol.... sorry for the Problems.

I compiled new CWM 6.0.4.7-Swipe from latest Source:

Some more updates

Now thats services!

Thanks a lot, trying it now, i'll report back with my progress

*Updated*

Replaced with your new recovery, installed aokp_p3110_kitkat_unofficial_2013-12-24.zip successfully!

Thanks again for your fast response and fix
The Following User Says Thank You to Pendazz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Android-Andi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4216
No problem Would be great if you can give some feedback

You should also download latest AOKP (aokp_p3110_kitkat_unofficial_2013-12-24.zip is a little bit old )
Devices:
P3110

My 50 Cent @ Community

Omni Rom P31XX and P51XX

ADB-Mini-Tools

SlimRom-Team Member
P31XX - P51XX

More:

Pendazz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No problem Would be great if you can give some feedback
^ sure thing

First thing i noticed obviously is the swipe feature, while i can see it being nice to have, i wont be using it since i've become used to navigating using my volume up/down- still a nice idea though.

Do you have a changelog i can take a look at?

Quote:
You should also download latest AOKP (aokp_p3110_kitkat_unofficial_2013-12-24.zip is a little bit old )
Could you provide a link? I do tend to struggle to find all the latest roms as they seem to be scattered all over the web (or is this just me? lol) I usuaully just do a googlesearch for [device model] [Android version] [rom title] which more often than not takes me to a blog post where i download the file directly (probably why i ended up with an unofficial build)

The AOKP Site says there is no release for my device (p3110) hence my google search for unnoficial builds. - Is there a better way to find what i'm looking for ?

Thanks again

thanks again

Android-Andi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4216
"Changelog" for CWM
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ommits/cm-11.0

AOKP:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2583316
Devices:
P3110

My 50 Cent @ Community

Omni Rom P31XX and P51XX

ADB-Mini-Tools

SlimRom-Team Member
P31XX - P51XX

More: