[Q] Nexus 7 (2013) 4G LTE broken screen

Tip us?

nadin90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 7 (2013) 4G LTE broken screen

Hello everybody,

Is the LCD and touchscreen assembly the same on the Wifi only version and on the 4G LTE version?

Ombligo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I believe it is.

I recently replaced the broken (shattered) screen in my Nexus 7 2013 LTE. I purchased a replacement screen from ebay for a little over $100. NOTE: The replacement is the lcd and digitizer. HOWEVER, the screen is attached (fused) to a plastic mount using very strong double sided adhesive tape. Opening up the device and getting everything out wasn't too hard, but getting the screen off the plastic mount was a huge pain. I ended up tearing the adhesive completely off the plastic and using super glue to adhere the new screen to the plastic. It's iffy at best, but I have it installed in my car now and I purchased another one for everyday use. Moral of the story: you may just want to buy a new one and sell the broken one on ebay or something.

Link to screen on ebay (there are several listings): ebay.com/itm/USA-for-2013-Asus-Google-Nexus-7-FHD-2nd-Gen-LCD-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Assembly-/191036929969?pt=Other_Tablet_eReader_Accessories&h ash=item2c7ab037b1

Link to tear down video:youtube.com/watch?v=BUT6bZdITo8

Link describing the pain of screen repair (I think this is of the 2012 version, but the same principle applies):youtube.com/watch?v=V3Zrwo0Ofo4

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ombligo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]