Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lockscreen glitches, BT problems, power schedule problem

Tip us?

boondiordna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Question [Q] Lockscreen glitches, BT problems, power schedule problem

Hi all,

I've finally received my FP1 and started to familiarise myself with the device. I already noticed some problems I'm going to report here, and afterwards to Fairphone support. (And I hope you are ok with that sequence!)

1) Screen glitches when playback stops.
I tried out to stream music from a Synology NAS, using the app DS-Audio provided by Synology. Whenever playback stops, the lock screen freaks out and gives graphics glitches. It looks like it's trying to show something, and not succeeding. Can anyone confirm this, and point me to a solution? (Minor priority)

2) BT pairing with a Motorola S805 stereo headset does not work.
When I pair the FP1 with the headset, the system reports sucess. However, nothing works. Sound is still played back via the Fairphone's speakers. I deleted the headset from the pairing list, rebooted, re-paired - to no avail. The headset works fine when paired as headphone (i.e. as pure audio sink), including controls (play/pause/skip, volume) with several other computers and handhelds. Also works as sink/source (e.g. for skype calls, including controls) when paired as headset (which I rarely did).
Any suggestions? (High priority, at least for me...)

The case does not allow audio jacks to connect, getting it OUT of the case every time you need a headset/headphone is tedious.

3) When turned off, alarm is not played.
3.1) I used the power schedule to power off the Fairphone and power it on the next morning. I also have an alarm programmed, but it's later than the power on. My device boots, but awaits pin entry for decryption and will not ring the alarm. Alarm is also not rang afterwards.
3.2) I turned off the phone manually. It did not turn on and rang the alarm at a set time.
(High priority!)

Might this be an encryption problem?
If so, can I change this without turning off encryption (and, if not, do I have to reset my FP)?
It was a major YAY for FP, if I remember correctly - and now it's br0ken.

Hyst
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Hi there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondiordna View Post
Hi all,

I've finally received my FP1 and started to familiarise myself with the device. I already noticed some problems I'm going to report here, and afterwards to Fairphone support. (And I hope you are ok with that sequence!)

1) Screen glitches when playback stops.
I tried out to stream music from a Synology NAS, using the app DS-Audio provided by Synology. Whenever playback stops, the lock screen freaks out and gives graphics glitches. It looks like it's trying to show something, and not succeeding. Can anyone confirm this, and point me to a solution? (Minor priority)
Same here. I don't have a solution other than just ignoring it I have this glitches also when I do not stream something.

Quote:
2) BT pairing with a Motorola S805 stereo headset does not work.
When I pair the FP1 with the headset, the system reports sucess. However, nothing works. Sound is still played back via the Fairphone's speakers. I deleted the headset from the pairing list, rebooted, re-paired - to no avail. The headset works fine when paired as headphone (i.e. as pure audio sink), including controls (play/pause/skip, volume) with several other computers and handhelds. Also works as sink/source (e.g. for skype calls, including controls) when paired as headset (which I rarely did).
Any suggestions? (High priority, at least for me...)

The case does not allow audio jacks to connect, getting it OUT of the case every time you need a headset/headphone is tedious.
Same here. Not with a headset but with my car. Other people have the same problem, too. See:
https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/com...P?locale=en-us
and
https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-...nnection-Cars-

Quote:
3) When turned off, alarm is not played.
3.1) I used the power schedule to power off the Fairphone and power it on the next morning. I also have an alarm programmed, but it's later than the power on. My device boots, but awaits pin entry for decryption and will not ring the alarm. Alarm is also not rang afterwards.
3.2) I turned off the phone manually. It did not turn on and rang the alarm at a set time.
(High priority!)

Might this be an encryption problem?
If so, can I change this without turning off encryption (and, if not, do I have to reset my FP)?
It was a major YAY for FP, if I remember correctly - and now it's br0ken.
I do not understand if 3.2) works or does not work. It reads for me as 3.1) the alarm does not ring but in 3.2) it does.
If so I suspect that the sim-pin-input supresses the alarm (and other activities of the phone). So what you can try is setting the boot AFTER the alarm. Or not using a pin lock for the sim (might not be a feasable solution for you).

boondiordna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default clarification: alarm not working when phone turned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyst View Post
I do not understand if 3.2) works or does not work. It reads for me as 3.1) the alarm does not ring but in 3.2) it does.
Sorry, should have been more clear: if the phone is turned off, I've got no alarms. Neither with a power-on scheduled before or after the alarm.
Hey, this was meant to be a real cool feature. Drat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyst View Post
If so I suspect that the sim-pin-input supresses the alarm (and other activities of the phone). So what you can try is setting the boot AFTER the alarm. Or not using a pin lock for the sim (might not be a feasable solution for you).
SIM pin is turned of. System encryption is turned on, this needs a device-lock via a (custom) pin or a password. I chose the latter option. I don't want to reset my phone and turn off the encryption. The SIM is prepaid - so if it's stolen, not much harm can be done.

If the phone gets stolen, however, I want nosy people to be locked out. (Suspecting android encryption is quite hackable.)

9x6
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Sorry, should have been more clear: if the phone is turned off, I've got no alarms. Neither with a power-on scheduled before or after the alarm.
Hey, this was meant to be a real cool feature. Drat.

SIM pin is turned of. System encryption is turned on, this needs a device-lock via a (custom) pin or a password. I chose the latter option. I don't want to reset my phone and turn off the encryption. The SIM is prepaid - so if it's stolen, not much harm can be done.

If the phone gets stolen, however, I want nosy people to be locked out. (Suspecting android encryption is quite hackable.)
Encryption makes the scheduled on function of very limited use - the device will wait for the passcode required to decrypt the device before doing anything else. It makes a frequent clicking sound after a while if no input is given.
I can confirm that in Fairphone OS 1.1 the phone will not switch on and sound the alarm if the device is encrypted. I've not tried on an encrypted device (don't have one) nor on Fairphone OS 1.0.
If you want to use the alarm clock, you will need to keep the device on (but it can be locked). I'm using llama to automate some profile switching - one of whitch is to turn off a lot of features and set a silent profile when I'm home at night.

There are some reports around the net of issue where a phone would randomly reboot during the night (and then get stuck on the decryption password prompt - which means the alarm will not sound). I've luckily not experienced this on the fairphone.
The Following User Says Thank You to 9x6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]