Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 47,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help HTC vivid att unlocked: camera not connected and handphone icon shown

Tip us?
 
vtdat
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default [Q] help HTC vivid att unlocked: camera not connected and handphone icon shown

hi all
plz help me
the headphone icon shown everytime so I always used headphone for call or music.
besides, the camera doest work because it isn't connected.
anybody can show me how to fix it plz
thanks
 
rignfool
Old
#2  
rignfool's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,874
Join Date: Dec 2010
My ESP is a little rusty...

Which ROM?

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk
 
vtdat
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2010
I found the info:

Android ver: 4.0.3
HTC Sense ver: 3.6
Software num: 3.26.502.56710RD
Kernel ver: 3.0.16-gf59f9ce
HTC-kernel@u18000-build-144#1
SMP PREEMPT Web Jul 25 23:48:03 CST 2012
Baseband ver: 3.02.4740.14_34.22.701040.19L
Build num: 3.26.502.56_R23 CL302737 release-keys
Browser ver: WebKit/534.30

I have tried to use "Sound About" App. It seems OK , now I can use speaker and earphone but the headphone icon is still there
The camera is still not connected
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool View Post
My ESP is a little rusty...

Which ROM?

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk
 
rignfool
Old
#4  
rignfool's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,874
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdat View Post
I found the info:

Android ver: 4.0.3
HTC Sense ver: 3.6
Software num: 3.26.502.56710RD
Kernel ver: 3.0.16-gf59f9ce
HTC-kernel@u18000-build-144#1
SMP PREEMPT Web Jul 25 23:48:03 CST 2012
Baseband ver: 3.02.4740.14_34.22.701040.19L
Build num: 3.26.502.56_R23 CL302737 release-keys
Browser ver: WebKit/534.30

I have tried to use "Sound About" App. It seems OK , now I can use speaker and earphone but the headphone icon is still there
The camera is still not connected
Sounds like your headphone jack is crudded up... Try cleaning it...

As far as the camera... That sounds like a ROM/kernel issue... Try a reflash... Or run an RUU...

Lemme know what happens

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rignfool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vtdat
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2010
I found a lot rom/kernel in the 4rum. Can you guide me which one is the best for my phone?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool View Post
Sounds like your headphone jack is crudded up... Try cleaning it...

As far as the camera... That sounds like a ROM/kernel issue... Try a reflash... Or run an RUU...

Lemme know what happens

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk
 
rignfool
Old
#6  
rignfool's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 497
Posts: 1,874
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdat View Post
I found a lot rom/kernel in the 4rum. Can you guide me which one is the best for my phone?
Thanks
No... Sorry... You have to try them and figure that out for yourself...

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk
 
vtdat
Old
(Last edited by vtdat; 4th February 2014 at 11:14 AM.)
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2010
I have tried to flash some ROMs but the problems remained
4.0 or 4.1 have same problem
gingerbread or 4.3, 4.4 (cm) seem better.. there is no headphone icon . but the problems still remained (camera not connected, only headphone mode)
I think that might be hardware problem

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more