Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Error upon flashing....

Tip us?

bluegreen343
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Error upon flashing....

Hi, I have the 2012 Nexus 7, Wifi only, 16GB, its running stock 4.4.2 rom at this time. I have unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp, and rooted using Wugs Nexus Rootkit (Bless him lol). But now whenever I try to flash any Rom, I've tried about five from different places and downloaded on multiple devices then put them on my nexus, and they will not install. I get this error about md5 which I have no idea why it would be the error every single time I try any different Rom... But here is what it says.

Here are two different ones but both say md5

Sent from my HTC6435LRA using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390144533813.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	2525997   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390144550341.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	2525998  

jithumon
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreen343 View Post
Hi, I have the 2012 Nexus 7, Wifi only, 16GB, its running stock 4.4.2 rom at this time. I have unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp, and rooted using Wugs Nexus Rootkit (Bless him lol). But now whenever I try to flash any Rom, I've tried about five from different places and downloaded on multiple devices then put them on my nexus, and they will not install. I get this error about md5 which I have no idea why it would be the error every single time I try any different Rom... But here is what it says.

You need to downgrade to stock android 4.3 as you are trying to flash a 4.3 Jellybean ROM

jrjr100
Old
(Last edited by jrjr100; 21st January 2014 at 09:04 PM.) Reason: mistake
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreen343 View Post

Try switching to CWM using the rom manager from the play store. I had the exact same problem. Everytime i wanted to flash something via TWRP it would always fail, but once i switched to cwm the problem went away

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithumon View Post
You need to downgrade to stock android 4.3 as you are trying to flash a 4.3 Jellybean ROM
I pretty sure you dont have to downgrade to 4.3 to flash a 4.3 rom. As long as the tablet is rooted and the rom you want to flash is for the N7 it should work, at least it always has for me but TWRP seems to be having a problem flashing roms lately...correct me if i'm wrong tho

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr100 View Post
Try switching to CWM using the rom manager from the play store. I had the exact same problem. Everytime i wanted to flash something via TWRP it would always fail, but once i switched to cwm the problem went away

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I pretty sure you dont have to downgrade to 4.3 to flash a 4.3 rom. As long as the tablet is rooted and the rom you want to flash is for the N7 it should work, at least it always has for me but TWRP seems to be having a problem flashing roms lately...correct me if i'm wrong tho
My last post lol..... I did some research and found out the old version of TWRP has problems on 4.4 so you might have to update TWRP to the lastest version in order to flash zips on 4.4 kitkat. There's a post somewhere around here that mentions it and has a guide that tells how to install the lastest version...

jithumon
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr100 View Post

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

My last post lol..... I did some research and found out the old version of TWRP has problems on 4.4 so you might have to update TWRP to the lastest version in order to flash zips on 4.4 kitkat. There's a post somewhere around here that mentions it and has a guide that tells how to install the lastest version...
I think you are right....because I never tried that. I just assumed

bluegreen343
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys... Lol I ended up using wugsfresh root toolkit to get to stock 4.3 then used cyanogenmod installer

Tags
nexus 7, nexus 7 flashing, twrp flashing