Originally Posted by Phaze1585
I have a Mac, but the latest version of Flashtool just wont work for me.
Yeah. Same here and recently figured out how to make it work under Linux. I'm not a mac guy, but probably the same method will work for you was well. Follow the instructions below :
- Install libusb (not libusbx!) from macports via :
$ port install libusb
- Then, find the "libusb-1.0.0.dylib" file that's installed by libusb.
- Copy this file under "/your/path/to/Flashtool/x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/" (Assuming you have 64bit OSX. If not, then just replace the "lib64" with "lib32" instead.)
- Go into that particular directory : "cd /your/path/to/Flashtool/x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/". Then, issue the following command as root :
# ln -s libusb-1.0.0.dylib libusbx-1.0.0.dylib
- Then, open the Flashtool wrapper script with your favorite console text editor as root and do the following :
- Find the following lines :
ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/libusbx-1.0.dylib
ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib32/libusbx-1.0.dylib
and comment them out via :
# ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/libusbx-1.0.dylib
# ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib32/libusbx-1.0.dylib
- Save and exit.
Now, your flashtool should be working. If not, try to run /your/path/to/Flashtool/Flashtool" as root/admin.
Hopefully, it will work for you.