My Phone Explorer - useful application for Gear

OP apprentice

3rd February 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 293

800 posts
More
I have been using a Windows application called MyPhoneExplorer for a several years with some of my Android (and Sony Ericsson) phones, and decided to check today to see if it would work with the Galaxy Gear. Yes it does!

Aside from being able to browse files on the Gear and show battery, CPU, storage and system information, one of the most useful features that works with the Gear (found in the EXTRAS menu) is the ability to control the Gear from the PC with live screen mirroring. So you can type on the Gear using the PC keyboard and mouse and access menus of say apps you may have side loaded on the Gear, that aren't accessible due to the Gear having no menu key. It also installs 2 useful apps on the Gear; a notepad and a task organiser. They work great too, handy for memos and lists, easily updated using the PC link up.

When you first connect, there will be a couple of error messages as the Explorer tries to sync with phone features not found on the Gear but everything else works great. And it's free to use.

Download http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php (or search for FJ Software MyPhoneExplorer) if link isn't allowed.

Don't forget to hit thanks if you found this helpful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apprentice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

204 posts
is it possible to maintain the contact list in cloud so I can update it in case of ROM refresh, directly from the phone. Like put the clould file somewhere and it will refresh all contacts and notes
4th February 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 293

800 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab

is it possible to maintain the contact list in cloud so I can update it in case of ROM refresh, directly from the phone. Like put the clould file somewhere and it will refresh all contacts and notes

Unless you are using a custom ROM, the contacts are stored on the phone (and restored from Google on reset) MyPhoneExplorer doesn't sync contacts from the Gear but will sync with your Android phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread