XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Order from Motorola or Google?

Tip us?

hegemytouch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Order from Motorola or Google?

I'm debating if I should order the GPE or just order from Motorola. Will the one from Motorola see updates just as fast as the GPE? I'm on tmobile so I want the US gsm which only Motorola sells. Plus the camera app is better on the Motorola edition I'm hearing. My only concern is how fast will I get updates without getting the GPE? Plus Motorola has free 2 day shipping thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Galaxy Note

Phishscale
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Amazon sells the us gsm & the global one. Not sure if they are the gpe version or not. How do you tell? I bought the 16gb from there and it prompted me to update right away

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Phishscale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ma3oony
Old
Thanks Meter 2
GPE only at google play store, 8GB is available but 16GB is out of stock
amazon selling the US and global GSM versions, same as motorola prices but may evade the taxes on your address from amazon cause you cant evade it on motorola store
if you still want GPE version, either you wait for google store to restock, don't know when, or buy it from ebay and you should expect price range for 16GB around $300 instead of the original price $199
The Following User Says Thank You to ma3oony For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stealthmopped
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought the normal one retail german version. And now after 2 month, i flashed it into the GP-edition.
The phone is a little bit faster now, perhaps because of lower ram usage, and there is about 300mb more space now on the sd-card.
The fm-radio, sms-app and the gallery is missing, but the speed is great

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

In antutu both versions run the same score, about 16850-17000 points