a friend of mine has asked me to root his phone so we can put some custom ROM's on it. since i've been doing it quite a lot i figured it would not be too much of a struggle. however during the process i've stumbled upon a problem i havent been able to fix:
- unlocking the phone is no problem, by fastbooting the unlock code, this was easy enough.
- i've flashed a teamwin recovery onto the phone
- for some obvious reason the device does not want to connect via usb mount to my computer. i've tried the following:
1. i've let windows look for drivers which did not help
2. i've found a custom set of drivers, which are not recognized, didn't help
3. i've reflashed the recovery more than once, and even changed to CWM which gave me the following error: E: unable to open UMS lunfile (so such file or directory)
i've tried all the above steps more than once but without success.
is there anyone here who might know what the problem is and how to fix it?
a thousand thanks in advance