Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Enable USB Charging Only

Tip us?

vastphoto
Old
(Last edited by vastphoto; 31st January 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppositeman View Post
it wont mount in pc unless one of the options is clicked. let it remain with the far bottom option 'remind me'...

if its mounted on pc, just disconnect from the icon in the pc taskbar (commonly in green color icon for usb connection)...it will simply mount back to the HAM automatically....
its one of a safety function in most of phones today without any option of "charge only"....sometimes the excess currents can effect the sdcard (there were some news before about it)...
and yes, its not samsung, its Huawei and this Huawei devices mostly lives longer than sammy...just my 2 cents..
On my Mate it always mounts as "USB Storage Device" even when the "Always prompt me" option is checked. I've also noticed that it no longer mounts the internal storage just the external SD card. When I look through the file manager on the phone I noticed that the internal storage used to be located at mnt/sdcard and the external SD card was located at mnt/sdcard2. But now both mnt/sdcard and mnt/sdcard2 point to the external SD card and the internal storage is now located at mnt/shell/emulated. Does anyone know how to fix this so internal storage mounts on my computer again? I'm using a Mac.
The Following User Says Thank You to vastphoto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theoppositeman
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vastphoto View Post
On my Mate it always mounts as "USB Storage Device" even when the "Always prompt me" option is checked. I've also noticed that it no longer mounts the internal storage just the external SD card. When I look through the file manager on the phone I noticed that the internal storage used to be located at mnt/sdcard and the external SD card was located at mnt/sdcard2. But now both mnt/sdcard and mnt/sdcard2 point to the external SD card and the internal storage is now located at mnt/shell/emulated. Does anyone know how to fix this so internal storage mounts on my computer again? I'm using a Mac.
oh..Mac OS..if i had known better. sorry for that. havent used mac for such a time, but can you put HAM on MTP when connecting usb? if so, it will mount both internal and external as One Drive and when click (in pc) it will open into two drive internal and ext.

try to post this Q in the other forum,
-received my huawei mate or
- P6 Forum.
there're maybe some of our friends there can help. some might use Mac and maybe it'll help.