Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] enabling ADB during bootloop

Tip us?

findinghomer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] enabling ADB during bootloop

I am rooted with custom recovery, stuck on logo screen. I Can get to DL mode, but not recovery to restore my backup. usb debugging is enabled on the device, but its the Verizon version so it needs "Ethernet" connectivity to communicate via adb. so as of now its not communicating. anyway to send reboot recovery command so I can back up? or am I going to have to flash all the way back to stock through KDZ? and if I do that, do I lose root, and recovery, having to start all over?

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 156
What do you mean you can't get to recovery?

Sent from my LG D802
LG G2 D802 running PA
Asus tf701t running CM11

findinghomer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Lol. I mean i when I hold volume down and power key sequence it still just boots to lg logo and loops. I can not boot into twrp. Only download mode. What partition is recovery located? I am starting to wonder if I wiped it?

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer View Post
Lol. I mean i when I hold volume down and power key sequence it still just boots to lg logo and loops. I can not boot into twrp. Only download mode. What partition is recovery located? I am starting to wonder if I wiped it?
Aaand are you sure you released and pressed the keys again when the lg-logo came up? Also you should be able to get to the white lg reset-screen even if you have empty recovery partition.

Sent from my LG D802
LG G2 D802 running PA
Asus tf701t running CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to Makrilli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

findinghomer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes, I was. But I guess my timing was bad. I eventually got in, and recovered. Thanks for responding