5,604,050 Members 48,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

We Had a Good Run

Tip us?

BrianXP7
Old
(Last edited by BrianXP7; 7th December 2013 at 11:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 272

DONATE TO ME
Default We Had a Good Run

Can we safely say that the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 community is dead? I mean, there hasn't been any development activity for a LONG time. Almost over a year.
My Devices:
Primary: Google Nexus 7 (2012) 16 GB
Secondary: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (T-Mobile)
Tertiary: Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2
Damaged: (Twice!) Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i

Stuff I Did:
Code Butter ROM (Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1): Main Thread
Xperoid Toolbox: Main Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianXP7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naklar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7 View Post
Can we safely say that the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 community is dead? I mean, there hasn't been any development activity is a LONG time. Almost over a year.
I agree. It's dead as far as development goes. The hardware is now outdated to make it worth taking the time to port newer versions of Android for it. I still use my X1 from time to time though.
Devices:
LG U8110 -> SE K800i -> Xperia X1i (2.3.7 NAND ROM) -> SE Live with Walkman (ICS ROM) -> Mobistel Cynus T1-> Nexus 7 2013 32GB

If you like my contribution please press the THANKS button.

My app:

My site

My YouTube channel

CoolrunnerII
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7 View Post
Can we safely say that the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 community is dead? I mean, there hasn't been any development activity for a LONG time. Almost over a year.
I must say it was a great experience working with you on the X1. I really learned a lot, and realized that writing device drivers for your own phone gives you at least 1000 Hacker points Also I didn't have to get a new phone for two years when I was more or less broke all the time.....

Now things are looking better, and I got a Sony Xperia Go a few weeks back, and yesterday I got an extra one used. I am planning to join in with the development of CM11 for that in the near future.

Maybe we meet in another FOSS project somtime in the future.

Best regards,

CoolRunnerII
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]