[Q] Sony update 4.3 breaks my device . "Process system isn't responding" errors

OP Harmon Rabb

2nd February 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I installed the 4.3 update from Sony last night -- and note, I have never rooted or rom'd this tablet -- and now I get constant "Process System Isn't Responding" errors, as well as constantly lockups and crashes of google search, play store, etc. I use the sony software on my machine to do a complete wipe and restore, and it only made things worse, so it's hard to say it's a bad install.

Any help anybody? Anybody have the same issue? Any way to revert to a prior Sony rom using the sony utility? I liked the 4.1 rom the best actually.

I didn't buy the tablet long ago so it's still under warranty but i really don't want to have to deal with that. I'd be happy if I could put 4.1 or 4.2 back on it, then just wait for 4.4 and hope that update works properly.
4th February 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Harmon Rabb - I too had issues almost identical to you. No word from Sony yet (don't hold your breath). But it seems some people are having no issues while others are having a nightmare with 4.3.

The N00B thread stickied at top of this forum included lots of help on where to get FTF flash files for the different releases, and how to load them using FlashTool without voiding warranty. Following these instructions I successfully reverted back to 4.2.2 and my tablet works as well as it did before the failed upgrade. My post was #217 on page 22 - so start there and you should be ok (though reading the whole thread was informative).

I am avoiding 4.3 until there is some further news from Sony - presumably when 4.4 is rolled out.

Good luck.

Mark
Last edited by Marky-boy; 4th February 2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Link was to single post view only.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread