5,606,465 Members 33,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile Radio/Modem

Tip us?
 
josequi
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] T-Mobile Radio/Modem

Evening; I have a S4 Mini GT-I9192 (International, DUOS Version). The device is for U.S. use and picks up AT&T and T-Mobile antennas. My guess is that is a general radio since the baseband information readsI9192UBUBMK4. This is the closest thread so I'm wondering if someone has a S4 radio backup or know of anything that I could do. I'm trying to get better signal as you can imagine by now.
 
Skipjacks
Old
#2  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3505
Posts: 4,450
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by josequi View Post
Evening; I have a S4 Mini GT-I9192 (International, DUOS Version). The device is for U.S. use and picks up AT&T and T-Mobile antennas. My guess is that is a general radio since the baseband information readsI9192UBUBMK4. This is the closest thread so I'm wondering if someone has a S4 radio backup or know of anything that I could do. I'm trying to get better signal as you can imagine by now.
Stop.

Do not do what you are trying to do for several reasons.

First, you NEVER EVER EVER want to flash a radio/modem made for a different version of a phone. ONLY the ones made specificly for your device.

Second, you don't have an S4. You have an S4 Mini, which is a completely different device with different hardware. If you flash a radio from the S4 you WILL kill your phone.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
josequi
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Radio/Modem

Thanks for your reply, my next question would be could I use the radio from an AT&T S4 mini, even thou one is single sim and the other is dual.
 
Skipjacks
Old
#4  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3505
Posts: 4,450
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by josequi View Post
Thanks for your reply, my next question would be could I use the radio from an AT&T S4 mini, even thou one is single sim and the other is dual.
Probably not. Radios are generally not interchangable between carriers.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xdapowerapps
Old
#5  
xdapowerapps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 528
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by josequi View Post
Thanks for your reply, my next question would be could I use the radio from an AT&T S4 mini, even thou one is single sim and the other is dual.
Hit the thanks button for SkipJack. He saved you from having a nice paperweight.

.
.
< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules
.
.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdapowerapps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mickykay
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Smile radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps View Post
Hit the thanks button for SkipJack. He saved you from having a nice paperweight.
can you please post the radios for the phone you have. i lost mine and now my phone is no more than a door stopper. thanks in advance.
 
baseballfanz
Old
#7  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1708
Posts: 6,687
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sugar Land TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickykay View Post
can you please post the radios for the phone you have. i lost mine and now my phone is no more than a door stopper. thanks in advance.
What model do you have?

☞ Sent from here☜
**************
 
mickykay
Old
(Last edited by mickykay; 5th February 2014 at 05:20 PM.) Reason: Discuss issuer in different forum
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exclamation GT-I9192 samsung galaxy S4 mini

Hello, I have a GT-I9192 S4 mini.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes