5,604,443 Members 48,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bootloped sensation...bricked ?

Tip us?
 
gab_ITA
Old
#1  
gab_ITA's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2012
Default bootloped sensation...bricked ?

hello there, guys. i hope to find help, i very need it! yesterday I flashed a rom with kernel(miui with sultan kernel), but during boot the phone was stucked on htc boot logo, black screen, turning off and started again. I've already tried to flash other two roms, but i got always the same problem. the phone still boot in recovery and fastboot mode. what do you think ? what can i do ?
 
rzr86
Old
#2  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 6,045
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab_ITA View Post
hello there, guys. i hope to find help, i very need it! yesterday I flashed a rom with kernel(miui with sultan kernel), but during boot the phone was stucked on htc boot logo, black screen, turning off and started again. I've already tried to flash other two roms, but i got always the same problem. the phone still boot in recovery and fastboot mode. what do you think ? what can i do ?
are you on S-ON or S-OFF?
post your bootloader details

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
gab_ITA
Old
#3  
gab_ITA's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
are you on S-ON or S-OFF?
post your bootloader details
hboot 1.27
S-OFF
LOCKED bootloader
radio 11.29a.3504.18_M

when i flashed miui i had a log saying about removing smartflash...i think i pressed "yes"...
 
rzr86
Old
#4  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 6,045
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab_ITA View Post
hboot 1.27
S-OFF
LOCKED bootloader
radio 11.29a.3504.18_M

when i flashed miui i had a log saying about removing smartflash...i think i pressed "yes"...
you did right
don't use smartflash since you are on S-OFF
that means you have 4ext recovery

do this:
format all partitions except sdcard from 4ext
flash the rom
let it boot

don't flash any other kernel

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
gab_ITA
Old
#5  
gab_ITA's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
you did right
don't use smartflash since you are on S-OFF
that means you have 4ext recovery

do this:
format all partitions except sdcard from 4ext
flash the rom
let it boot

don't flash any other kernel

this is the problem...i've already flashed other two different roms, but i even get the same problem...
 
rzr86
Old
#6  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 6,045
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab_ITA View Post
this is the problem...i've already flashed other two different roms, but i even get the same problem...
post the output of this command
fastboot getvar all

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
gab_ITA
Old
#7  
gab_ITA's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
you did right
don't use smartflash since you are on S-OFF
that means you have 4ext recovery

do this:
format all partitions except sdcard from 4ext
flash the rom
let it boot

don't flash any other kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
post the output of this command
fastboot getvar all
i get "fastboot" is not an exhisting command
 
rzr86
Old
#8  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 6,045
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab_ITA View Post
i get "fastboot" is not an exhisting command
boot your device in the bootloader and select fastboot
connect it to the pc(it should fastboot usb)
go to adb and fastboot folder on your pc and open there the cmd window
type the command

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
gab_ITA
Old
#9  
gab_ITA's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 110
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
boot your device in the bootloader and select fastboot
connect it to the pc(it should fastboot usb)
go to adb and fastboot folder on your pc and open there the cmd window
type the command
i've just solved, thank very much
 
rzr86
Old
#10  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1812
Posts: 6,045
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab_ITA View Post
i've just solved, thank very much
can you tell pls the solution so someone else can benefit from it?

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more