Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HBoot 1.55 S-Off back to S-On needed?

Tip us?

Sojourner353
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] HBoot 1.55 S-Off back to S-On needed?

Hi all,

As the title suggests I need to get my HTC One back to S-On to send it back for repair, as I'm from Australia there is no RUU available for my Carrier but I have flashed back to stock using a Guru Nandroid, currently it's Bootloader is locked it's CID is OPTUS001 (default) and HBoot 1.55 S-Off which I need to get back to on and it's had it's latest OTA installed.

Earlier today I did achieve S-Off and locked but ended up with the tamper flag above locked which obviously couldn't be returned like that.

At the moment I am wondering if I need to downgrade just HBoot to 1.44 so I can S-On again but I'm worried it will show tampered again after I S-On like it did before, now in further if this is the only way to do it how can I get HBoot 1.55 back in after I S-On, I haven't found any firmware downloads out there at all specific to my device.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Model | HTC One M8x 32Gb Gunmetal Grey (0P6B11000)
Firmware | 2.22.401.5 (Original 1.54.709.4)
Recovery | TWRP 2.7.1.0
ROM | ViperOne 2.1.0 (2.22.401.5)
Kernel | ElementalX 1.02
HBoot | 3.18.0.0000 (Without Red Text)
Security | S-Off (Sunshine)
CID | 11111111 (Original HTC__621)
MicroSD | SanDisk 128Gb

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Just leave it s off its not a problem. As long as tampered is gone and boot loader is locked that is fine

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sojourner353
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Ok thank you for the reply, I have tried so many different things today and to be honest I'm surprised it's not bricked doing some of the things I have done, cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Pro
Model | HTC One M8x 32Gb Gunmetal Grey (0P6B11000)
Firmware | 2.22.401.5 (Original 1.54.709.4)
Recovery | TWRP 2.7.1.0
ROM | ViperOne 2.1.0 (2.22.401.5)
Kernel | ElementalX 1.02
HBoot | 3.18.0.0000 (Without Red Text)
Security | S-Off (Sunshine)
CID | 11111111 (Original HTC__621)
MicroSD | SanDisk 128Gb

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Going from s off to s on is actually one of the easiest ways to brick your phone if your not careful. There really is no need. Some phones actually come out of the factory s off. And with warranty repairs I've heard of plenty of people with custom roms and unlocked bootloaders get it fixed no problem. Yours sounds fine

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

matt_tee
Old
(Last edited by matt_tee; 4th February 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner353 View Post
Hi all,

As the title suggests I need to get my HTC One back to S-On to send it back for repair, as I'm from Australia there is no RUU available for my Carrier but I have flashed back to stock using a Guru Nandroid, currently it's Bootloader is locked it's CID is OPTUS001 (default) and HBoot 1.55 S-Off which I need to get back to on and it's had it's latest OTA installed.

Earlier today I did achieve S-Off and locked but ended up with the tamper flag above locked which obviously couldn't be returned like that.

At the moment I am wondering if I need to downgrade just HBoot to 1.44 so I can S-On again but I'm worried it will show tampered again after I S-On like it did before, now in further if this is the only way to do it how can I get HBoot 1.55 back in after I S-On, I haven't found any firmware downloads out there at all specific to my device.

Thanks in advance for any help.
delete quote