Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in odin flashes stock but wont let me boot no blue bar qualcomm boot:secure

Tip us?

jhr5474
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
Default I

Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Seems like your power button is on its way out. Are you technical enough to replace the power button which can purchase from Ebay for a few bucks? Bad power button is like you lost your right hand!
Have soldered before, I do screens and boards and stuff. I am actually supposed to be getting an adjustable temp soldering iron this week which is actually like 65 watts up to like 400 degrees I believe. I still have a sprint board and a verizon board for s3 phones, Or I could order one. at least I have some practice phones! Cuz, I cant even backup anything. I go into TWRP and during backup my phone shuts off. I wont dare flash anything without a backup. Any idea how to turn updates off?
Sprint LG LS980
Running my build of AICP 4.4.4 (unofficial)

THE THANKS BUTTON IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr5474 View Post
Have soldered before, I do screens and boards and stuff. I am actually supposed to be getting an adjustable temp soldering iron this week which is actually like 65 watts up to like 400 degrees I believe. I still have a sprint board and a verizon board for s3 phones, Or I could order one. at least I have some practice phones! Cuz, I cant even backup anything. I go into TWRP and during backup my phone shuts off. I wont dare flash anything without a backup. Any idea how to turn updates off?
STOP OTA UPDATE and NOTIFICATION
If the OTA already downloaded, delete it here /cache/fota
To disable the OTA:
Rename or freeze the apps with Titanium backup:
otacerts.zip located in /etc/security - rename to otacerts.zip.bak
Rename fwupdate.odex, fwupdate.apk located in /system/app
and freeze SDM1.0 located in /system/app
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]