Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked? [Solved]

Tip us?

ding_thornton
Old
(Last edited by ding_thornton; 4th February 2014 at 10:53 PM.) Reason: Added the question.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Bricked? [Solved]

I was following the instructions at the CryanogenMod Wiki for the Droid 4 (Maserati) to install CM11 nightly.
I followed the instructions word for word up to "Boot to recovery mode on the device by holding Power and at SafeStrap splash screen press Menu key within 10 seconds." I was already in SafeStrap (I had just activated rom-1) so I used the Reboot> Recovery option in the program. When it loads up I get the Droid! screen. I tried going to the Boot Options screen and go to recovery with the same result.
So is it bricked, or am I missing something?

kwyrt
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ding_thornton View Post
I was following the instructions at the CryanogenMod Wiki for the Droid 4 (Maserati) to install CM11 nightly.
I followed the instructions word for word up to "Boot to recovery mode on the device by holding Power and at SafeStrap splash screen press Menu key within 10 seconds." I was already in SafeStrap (I had just activated rom-1) so I used the Reboot> Recovery option in the program. When it loads up I get the Droid! screen. I tried going to the Boot Options screen and go to recovery with the same result.
So is it bricked, or am I missing something?
It's pretty hard to really brick a D4. Worst case you'll have to fastboot using the JB fastboot files and RSDlite. Can you still get in to safestrap recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ding_thornton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
It's pretty hard to really brick a D4. Worst case you'll have to fastboot using the JB fastboot files and RSDlite. Can you still get in to safestrap recovery?
I was having noob trouble getting to SafeStrap. I finally figured it out but I couldn't figure out how to delete my thread here. I appreciate your help though.

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 4th February 2014 at 04:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,484

DONATE TO ME
normally threads are not deleted or locked, just edit original post to [Solved]

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

and adding how it was solved, may help others.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]