[Q] Bricked? [Solved]

OP ding_thornton

3rd February 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I was following the instructions at the CryanogenMod Wiki for the Droid 4 (Maserati) to install CM11 nightly.
I followed the instructions word for word up to "Boot to recovery mode on the device by holding Power and at SafeStrap splash screen press Menu key within 10 seconds." I was already in SafeStrap (I had just activated rom-1) so I used the Reboot> Recovery option in the program. When it loads up I get the Droid! screen. I tried going to the Boot Options screen and go to recovery with the same result.
So is it bricked, or am I missing something?
Last edited by ding_thornton; 4th February 2014 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Added the question.
3rd February 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 205

685 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ding_thornton

I was following the instructions at the CryanogenMod Wiki for the Droid 4 (Maserati) to install CM11 nightly.
I followed the instructions word for word up to "Boot to recovery mode on the device by holding Power and at SafeStrap splash screen press Menu key within 10 seconds." I was already in SafeStrap (I had just activated rom-1) so I used the Reboot> Recovery option in the program. When it loads up I get the Droid! screen. I tried going to the Boot Options screen and go to recovery with the same result.
So is it bricked, or am I missing something?

It's pretty hard to really brick a D4. Worst case you'll have to fastboot using the JB fastboot files and RSDlite. Can you still get in to safestrap recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt

It's pretty hard to really brick a D4. Worst case you'll have to fastboot using the JB fastboot files and RSDlite. Can you still get in to safestrap recovery?

I was having noob trouble getting to SafeStrap. I finally figured it out but I couldn't figure out how to delete my thread here. I appreciate your help though.
4th February 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,722

4,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
normally threads are not deleted or locked, just edit original post to [Solved]

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

and adding how it was solved, may help others.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
Last edited by sd_shadow; 4th February 2014 at 04:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread