Question about root and unlock

OP blkhrt13

1st February 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1,553

5,272 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt13

Noooo lol I didn't brick my old s3, all I did was broke the glass and lcd display. Upon getting the alltel s3(on 4.3) I noticed it did not have a sim slot, so I went ahead with the motherboard swap. After installing my motherboard from my broken s3, I used had to use the MB cover from my old one because it had a cut out for the sim slot. Then I powered it on and presto. I basically just did a conplete screen replacement. Whenever you break a screen and have to have it replaced, they just pull your motherboard and put it basically into a new phone and it won't matter the branding. You'll have the Verizon guts on the inside. I'm sorry about the confusion guys, I should have explained a little better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OK, that makes sense since you only broke the digitizer...usually people just get another screen and pop it on. Everything would stay original, but got to give you credit for replacing the mainboard. You do have some skill there!
1st February 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anderson
Thanks Meter: 11

117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

OK, that makes sense since you only broke the digitizer...usually people just get another screen and pop it on. Everything would stay original, but got to give you credit for replacing the mainboard. You do have some skill there!

I gotta tell you, my hands were shaking like a coke addicts who hasn't had a fix in about 3 hours. But I finally got it lol. Powered it in and they're was my old baked 4.2.2 rom and everything was beautiful! Lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blkhrt13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #13  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 245

2,116 posts
More
Coke addicts hand don't shake.. Tweekers do lol.. Thats pretty cool u did that. Did u follow instructions or vid?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anderson

117 posts
More
Lol nevertheless. You get the point lol. And yeah I watched a couple videos, then when I actually went in and did it myself I was like omg this was too easy. I could do this all day long. So I may have found a way to make some money on the side lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to blkhrt13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #15  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 533

920 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhrt13

Lol nevertheless. You get the point lol. And yeah I watched a couple videos, then when I actually went in and did it myself I was like omg this was too easy. I could do this all day long. So I may have found a way to make some money on the side lol.

You inspired me to open up my gs3 take the motherboard out and rip off my power button. You are right that was way to easy and now I can reboot! The bad part is I need to be plugged in to turn it on by entering download mode then decline instead of accept. I might solder a new switch some day but this is good enough for now. Thank you for giving me the confidence to do that!
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePagel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #16  
Flag 209

2,116 posts
More
My old job i work at a manufactured company for hospital devices we would build n repair. I can open those up and work on them. But when it comes to my fone. Im breaking sweat

3rd February 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anderson

117 posts
More
The Galaxy S III is the only phone I have done this on, so keep this in mind. But yes it was super easy. It was a lot less stressful than rooting and unlocking a device for the first time. ThePagel, I still have the motherboard for the Alltel S III, do you think you could use the power button from that? If so you're welcome to it!

3rd February 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Anderson

117 posts
More
Okay guys I'm sorry but I had to do this. I went back in and pulled the motherboard again, took the black power button and volume rocker covers from my black S III and replaced the silver ones with the black. It looks pretty freaking awesome. Just thought I'd share. Lol

4th February 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #19  
Flag 209

2,116 posts
More
Post pic

4th February 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #20  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 533

920 posts
Donate to Me
More
I could use it but iI think I'm going to Frankenstein this phone. Thank you for the offer!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread