Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

E4GT on Straight Talk

Tip us?
 
Taz100420
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default E4GT on Straight Talk

Ok I currently have my D710 on the Straight Talk network and only have talk and text, no 3G or 4G service. It is rooted with JB 4.1.2. I have no idea why i cant get 3G/4G to work. Any help would greatly appreciated!
 
bilgerryan
Old
#2  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698
Posts: 14,426
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Garrett, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok I currently have my D710 on the Straight Talk network and only have talk and text, no 3G or 4G service. It is rooted with JB 4.1.2. I have no idea why i cant get 3G/4G to work. Any help would greatly appreciated!
Did you read through this guide yet?http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1995259

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Taz100420
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default 1020 45995528

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
Did you read through this guide yet?http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1995259

I had it up in a tab but lost it when I was trying to do something. But I will read through it.
 
Taz100420
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Ok.... I still am not 100% sure as what to do lol. Does the PRL have anything to do with it? I am on sprints towers with straight talk. Cannot change APNs.
 
bilgerryan
Old
#5  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698
Posts: 14,426
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Garrett, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz100420 View Post
Ok.... I still am not 100% sure as what to do lol. Does the PRL have anything to do with it? I am on sprints towers with straight talk. Cannot change APNs.
You need your MSL to change APNs-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1921045- beyond that I can be of no help because I have never flashed to another carrier

 
Taz100420
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
You need your MSL to change APNs-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1921045- beyond that I can be of no help because I have never flashed to another carrier

I have already gotten access to my MSL. the getprop ril.MSL didn't work. So I downloaded a APK and it told me what it was. I also got Project X ROM running on my phone. Its WAY better than stock ROM! Loving it so far! This ROM also lets me set new APNs. Stock ROM wouldn't.

But I am not 100% sure as to what PRL should be as well as APN settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taz100420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bilgerryan
Old
#7  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698
Posts: 14,426
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Garrett, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz100420 View Post
I have already gotten access to my MSL. the getprop ril.MSL didn't work. So I downloaded a APK and it told me what it was. I also got Project X ROM running on my phone. Its WAY better than stock ROM! Loving it so far! This ROM also lets me set new APNs. Stock ROM wouldn't.

But I am not 100% sure as to what PRL should be as well as APN settings.
If everything is working I wouldn't worry about it

 
Taz100420
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
If everything is working I wouldn't worry about it

well that's the thing... only talk and text work, no 3g or MMS. Didn't know if anyone has experience in Straight Talk Sprint service to get it working. Thought I'd ask on here!
 
bilgerryan
Old
#9  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698
Posts: 14,426
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Garrett, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz100420 View Post
well that's the thing... only talk and text work, no 3g or MMS. Didn't know if anyone has experience in Straight Talk Sprint service to get it working. Thought I'd ask on here!
This would actually be the best place to ask-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1995259

 
Taz100420
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
This would actually be the best place to ask-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1995259

OK will ask around here. thank you

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more