Project Prudence is a closed-source, community-based intelligent voice assistant. It is constantly learning by collecting completely anonymous usage data.
Prudence is powered and raised by the community itself. Requested features are constantly added to the application with updates.
I've been using this personally for the last couple of months. I've decided to share it with you guys to explore its full potential now. With enough input and a few developers, we can make Prudence BIGGER than any closed-source corporation-based voice assistant.
- Anonymously records unknown queries for development purposes. (No spies here.)
- Basic GUI.
- Listens on command. (Push menu button)
- Talks back. (Use Google TTS from Play Store for the best optimization)
- Plays music! (commands: play "song name", pause, stop, repeat song)
- Tells you the time.
- Tells you the weather! Can find your location with (command: weather) OR can look up the weather of another place (command: weather NYC, for example)
- Can call people! (Command: call contactname)
- Can call numbers! (command: call 04818321421 for example, MIGHT BE BUGGY)
- Can send text messages to people and numbers! (Command: new message or new sms. You will be guided from there)
- Can change the volume. (command: volume (percentage) OR sound (percentage))
Things to do
- Will act as an alarm. Can possibly act as a sleep assistant by checking your movements and waking you up when you are out of REM sleep. (possibly sleep2android integration)
- Driving support.
- Translation: what does xxxx mean in another language? Example: What does cheese mean in French?
- Perfect the music player system. Add artist and album playing. Add shuffle and repeat.
- Improve GUI
- Need to enable volume controls in app
- NEVER ENDING GOAL: Continuously add responses to new queries from users. What I intend to accomplish here is a somewhat-intelligent application that can at least imitate human conversation.
- ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME!!!
If you have a capacitive menu button, it acts the same as the Speak button.
Click "Speak," say your command and click speak again. You don't have to click the speak button again, but it's easier to understand for the speech-to-text system that way.
By downloading and/or using this application you agree that unknown queries(queries that are not recognized by the application) submitted to the aforementioned application will be recorded and delivered to the developer for further development purposes. In any case of device malfunctioning, the author of this application can not be deemed responsible.
Let the developing begin!
Project Prudence, a App for the Android General
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2014-02-02
Last Updated 2014-02-04