Returning Back to Stock From Cyanogenmod 10.2

4th February 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello to anyone who is gracious enough to help me. I am currently trying to revert my HTC Evo 4G LTE back to any stock rom for the purpose of trying to use Straight Talk. After finding out that there's really no way of using Straight Talk with CM, I am now attempting to go back to any working stock rom. I have run into brickwall after brickwall. If there is anyone out there that can lead the way, please help me. Everytime I mess around with my phone, I don't know whether to grab a USB cable or a box of tissues from all the tears that are about to be had. Anyways. I appreciate anyones time on the matter. Thank you and remember to brush your teeth.

-Colt
4th February 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,918

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you're S-off, you can simply flash a stock ROM like Captain Throwback's 3.17 base ROM (it's based off the most recent OTA update from Sprint). If you're not S-off you'll need to flash the kernel (boot.img) separately from the ROM itself. For more info on how to do that, hit the top link in my sig and scroll down to the section on S-on kernel flashing.

Here is a link to Captain Throwback's ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468418

You'll need to install the SuperSU app from the Play Store to have root access after flashing his ROM.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 4th February 2014 at 02:18 PM.
4th February 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Smile thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28

If you're S-off, you can simply flash a stock ROM like Captain Throwback's 3.17 base ROM (it's based off the most recent OTA update from Sprint). If you're not S-off you'll need to flash the kernel (boot.img) separately from the ROM itself. For more info on how to do that, hit the top link in my sig and scroll down to the section on S-on kernel flashing.

Here is a link to Captain Throwback's ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468418

You'll need to install the SuperSU app from the Play Store to have root access after flashing his ROM.

Thank you so much Fin. I did not know I could do that. Makes sense. Literally. Gonna try that now. I appreciate your time and help, Fin.
4th February 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,918

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not a problem

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread