Rooted!!! Now what????

OP villaf7420

4th February 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
I want to start this off by saying that i am totally new to rooting and anything that pertains to phone customization. But i can follow directions very well aslong as they are in lamens terms. I enjoy learning and want to continue to absorb all i can along the way. I dont play games on my phone, i watch movies sometimes, so i am looking to just be able to customize my phones appearance and have it run smooth and fast. So if anybody can lead me in the right direction i appreciate your time and consideration..
4th February 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by villaf7420

I want to start this off by saying that i am totally new to rooting and anything that pertains to phone customization. But i can follow directions very well aslong as they are in lamens terms. I enjoy learning and want to continue to absorb all i can along the way. I dont play games on my phone, i watch movies sometimes, so i am looking to just be able to customize my phones appearance and have it run smooth and fast. So if anybody can lead me in the right direction i appreciate your time and consideration..

To truly use root, I would suggest a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM. Then you can flash custom AOSP roms. These ROMS are highly customizable from the settings menu. Always backup your stock setup 1st, in case a ROM doesn't work properly. You can customize without flashing recovery or custom ROM. There are many apps in Google play that require root access, such as ROM toolbox that has a ton of options. You can download adaware off the internet to remove most ads you get on your phone. Also root explorer in Google play will allow you to remove apps you don't use from the system, but be careful with this, because you can bork your phone from removing certain apps, escpecially Google apps.

sent from my GS3
4th February 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

To truly use root, I would suggest a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM. Then you can flash custom AOSP roms. These ROMS are highly customizable from the settings menu. Always backup your stock setup 1st, in case a ROM doesn't work properly. You can customize without flashing recovery or custom ROM. There are many apps in Google play that require root access, such as ROM toolbox that has a ton of options. You can download adaware off the internet to remove most ads you get on your phone. Also root explorer in Google play will allow you to remove apps you don't use from the system, but be careful with this, because you can bork your phone from removing certain apps, escpecially Google apps.

sent from my GS3

TO BACK UP MY PHONE AFTER ROOT I SIMPLY DO IT IN RECOVERY SETTING?(holding the volume up? right?) and i used the goku tutorial to root( it worked first time!!) and it suggested to nanodroid back up? i wasnt sure but im assuming it is talking about recvery back it up using the philz screen right?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread