Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Extract FTF Image from Z1.

Tip us?
 
eclyptos
Old
#1  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Posts: 2,991
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Default [Q] Extract FTF Image from Z1.

Hey, like the title say I want to extract the entire system to FTF file, classic FTF from my phone to flash it on other Z1.

How I can do that and which application I have to use?

Thanx in advance.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
 
funky0308
Old
#2  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,075
Posts: 6,258
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Osijek

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Hey, like the title say I want to extract the entire system to FTF file, classic FTF from my phone to flash it on other Z1.

How I can do that and which application I have to use?

Thanx in advance.
If you have recovery on both devices you can just backup on one and restore on other device.
You can restore system only without data and apps.

Google for tutorial, if you need ftf and can't do that with recovery.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
 
eclyptos
Old
#3  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Posts: 2,991
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
If you have recovery on both devices you can just backup on one and restore on other device.
You can restore system only without data and apps.

Google for tutorial, if you need ftf and can't do that with recovery.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
They are Stock, no recovery, no root, I have to connect via USB and extract the FTF. I googled for tutorial and I get one for X10, Z and ICS but was not really helping and they are not for Z1 so if you can just semplify the search posting the right link or app for Z1 I will appreciate it.

Thanx.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
 
funky0308
Old
#4  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,075
Posts: 6,258
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Osijek

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
They are Stock, no recovery, no root, I have to connect via USB and extract the FTF. I googled for tutorial and I get one for X10, Z and ICS but was not really helping and they are not for Z1 so if you can just semplify the search posting the right link or app for Z1 I will appreciate it.

Thanx.
So, nothing there.

I'm not sure for link, I just said - try to Google.
Hmm...

Really don't know, I guess extracting dump won't help to create ftf.

You checked on NUT thread?
He has tutorial for creating ftf, it's not same but maybe you get idea from there?

Check here and try to ask NUT on this thread - I'm sure he will know the answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42135099

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
eclyptos
Old
(Last edited by eclyptos; 1st February 2014 at 01:09 AM.)
#5  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Posts: 2,991
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Thanx, I will try, if you find anything else please let me know.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
 
xasbo
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 253
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Thanx, I will try, if you find anything else please let me know.
Perhaps the Sony PC Companion app would be useful?

Quote:
Xperia Transfer
The Xperia Transfer guide will help you to copy content from an old phone onto your new Xperia phone / tablet.

Backup & Restore
Be safe! Make a backup of your phone / tablet content to be able to restore it in case of loss or damage, or to move content from one phone / tablet to another.
 
zimbashka
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50044228
Phones owned: Siemens A35,C35,A55,M55,C62,C65,M65; Alcatel 310; Samsung A800; Nokia 5210; LG TU720; BB 9530,9800;Sony Ericsson Z520a, W580i, Xperia X10a;
Still keeping: Sony Xperia S (Lt26i), Sony Xperia Z1(C6906).

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more

New Nvidia SHIELD Tablet OTA! Moto G 4G Gets Official CyangenMod 11 Nightlies – XDA Developer TV

The Nvidia SHIELD Tablet gets its … more