FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

New Chromecast app - CastCage!

333 posts
Thanks Meter: 174

By r00t4rd3d, Senior Member on 4th February 2014, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

4th February 2014, 06:04 AM |#2  
Flag The good ol Deep South
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d

Not mine.

http://abeisgreat.github.io/CastCage/

lol I must've been just reading the exact same G+ post comments section that you found this on because I just saw this link elsewhere before seeing it here .....very strange to say the least[COLOR="Silver"]
4th February 2014, 06:04 AM |#3  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 36

More
What a great use of the SDK ....
4th February 2014, 06:07 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Toilet
Thanks Meter: 174

More
They registered the domain:

http://www.castcage.com/
4th February 2014, 12:42 PM |#5  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 974

Donate to Me
More
Well, you gotta start somewhere.
4th February 2014, 04:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraeniesh

Well, you gotta start somewhere.

It doesn't work, Win 7 64bit, Chrome 32.xxx it just says "casting to chromecast" and stays in a loop. On the tv you see the blue chromecast symbol but nothing happens.

This makes me think how many people are going to use this as an exploit....
4th February 2014, 05:43 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdashadow

It doesn't work, Win 7 64bit, Chrome 32.xxx it just says "casting to chromecast" and stays in a loop. On the tv you see the blue chromecast symbol but nothing happens.

This makes me think how many people are going to use this as an exploit....

The nice thing is, the code is in JavaScript and VERY simple; looks quite easy to make basic Chromecast extentions like this....(I don't think for a second this extends to everything) does anybody who has played with the SDK know if you can CC HTML5 pages, as this would make very interesting things, such as "live" data for....something! (OK not fully thought this through yet) or PC to TV interaction such as very simple games all look possible with just HTML.
4th February 2014, 06:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by generationgav

The nice thing is, the code is in JavaScript and VERY simple; looks quite easy to make basic Chromecast extentions like this....(I don't think for a second this extends to everything) does anybody who has played with the SDK know if you can CC HTML5 pages, as this would make very interesting things, such as "live" data for....something! (OK not fully thought this through yet) or PC to TV interaction such as very simple games all look possible with just HTML.

Would be nice if possible! I'm controlling my lights and surveillance cameras through a webpage, would be cool to build a special page with cams and light statuses for chromecast and cast it to my TV
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread