FORUMS

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

[Q] Get Knox back after SuperSU disables it

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By djayshaggy, Junior Member on 28th January 2014, 02:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I rooted my device and completely disabled the Knox app. Now, after unrooting the device, Knox is still stuck in the "Turned Off" list with no option to turn on. I need to get the app back so I can have that secure mode for work purposes. How do I turn it back on after it's been turned off. I don't mind re-rooting to get it done, but I was unable to do it while rooted, which is the main reason I did a full unroot.
 
 
28th January 2014, 02:41 AM |#2  
Towle's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,880
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djayshaggy

I rooted my device and completely disabled the Knox app. Now, after unrooting the device, Knox is still stuck in the "Turned Off" list with no option to turn on. I need to get the app back so I can have that secure mode for work purposes. How do I turn it back on after it's been turned off. I don't mind re-rooting to get it done, but I was unable to do it while rooted, which is the main reason I did a full unroot.

Is your Knox counter still 0x0 in download mode? Have you tried a factory reset?
28th January 2014, 02:50 AM |#3  
Member
Flag Romeo Michigan
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by djayshaggy

I rooted my device and completely disabled the Knox app. Now, after unrooting the device, Knox is still stuck in the "Turned Off" list with no option to turn on. I need to get the app back so I can have that secure mode for work purposes. How do I turn it back on after it's been turned off. I don't mind re-rooting to get it done, but I was unable to do it while rooted, which is the main reason I did a full unroot.

Did you not read all the warning messages before rooting?(unless you rooted root_de_levaga way your probably SOL)I don't think there is a way to get know void warranty unvoided yet. Haven't read it yet atleast if you go to odin mode you'll see that you have tripped the counter most likely. You can do this by turning off your phone then holding vol dwn power and home buttons and you'll see if you've tripped knox counter. If you did there's now way of untripping like i said that i've read yet tho haven't really checked this month.
28th January 2014, 02:53 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
*Facepalm!* I'm sorry. Thanks for the reply, but I figured it out. The app had been frozen by Titanium. I had to reroot, thaw then unroot again (and yes, it's still 0x0).
28th January 2014, 04:52 AM |#5  
Member
Flag Romeo Michigan
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by djayshaggy

*Facepalm!* I'm sorry. Thanks for the reply, but I figured it out. The app had been frozen by Titanium. I had to reroot, thaw then unroot again (and yes, it's still 0x0).

Yay glad to hear if knox is needed
28th January 2014, 01:51 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
System status custom after unroot
Now I'm upset because my system status is set to customer still after unroot. I'm still at 0x0 for knox, though. Last time I unrooted, I restarted it twice, and system status went back to official. This time, no luck. Should I use Odin to flash stock firmware? Will that fix it? Will it erase any of my data/settings?
29th January 2014, 12:11 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djayshaggy

Now I'm upset because my system status is set to customer still after unroot. I'm still at 0x0 for knox, though. Last time I unrooted, I restarted it twice, and system status went back to official. This time, no luck. Should I use Odin to flash stock firmware? Will that fix it? Will it erase any of my data/settings?


Wanam Xposed can report it as a stock rom. Add in the Xposed root hiding app and you should be good to go with Knox (and Samsung) none the wiser.
29th January 2014, 12:41 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
But wouldn't that require OP root again and keep that root with Knox fully running? That could be tricky, Samsung learns about security holes and patches them, one of the future Knox updates could leave OP up the creek without a paddle. He should be able to reset back to official, is there another flag like old yellow triangle he needs to reset?
29th January 2014, 12:51 AM |#9  
parusia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 316
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djayshaggy

Now I'm upset because my system status is set to customer still after unroot. I'm still at 0x0 for knox, though. Last time I unrooted, I restarted it twice, and system status went back to official. This time, no luck. Should I use Odin to flash stock firmware? Will that fix it? Will it erase any of my data/settings?

Assuming that you went back to stock via Odin, just reboot your phone on stock recovery, wipe system and cache, then reboot and your system is going back to original, no more custom either on download mode or system.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th February 2014, 06:38 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

But wouldn't that require OP root again and keep that root with Knox fully running? That could be tricky, Samsung learns about security holes and patches them, one of the future Knox updates could leave OP up the creek without a paddle. He should be able to reset back to official, is there another flag like old yellow triangle he needs to reset?

That's why you use the root hiding module. Knox SHOULD see it as a stock unrooted phone (Not that I can test this).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes