Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 48,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Get Knox back after SuperSU disables it

Tip us?

djayshaggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Get Knox back after SuperSU disables it

I rooted my device and completely disabled the Knox app. Now, after unrooting the device, Knox is still stuck in the "Turned Off" list with no option to turn on. I need to get the app back so I can have that secure mode for work purposes. How do I turn it back on after it's been turned off. I don't mind re-rooting to get it done, but I was unable to do it while rooted, which is the main reason I did a full unroot.

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by djayshaggy View Post
I rooted my device and completely disabled the Knox app. Now, after unrooting the device, Knox is still stuck in the "Turned Off" list with no option to turn on. I need to get the app back so I can have that secure mode for work purposes. How do I turn it back on after it's been turned off. I don't mind re-rooting to get it done, but I was unable to do it while rooted, which is the main reason I did a full unroot.
Is your Knox counter still 0x0 in download mode? Have you tried a factory reset?
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi

spriteboost
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Did you not read all the warning messages before rooting?(unless you rooted root_de_levaga way your probably SOL)I don't think there is a way to get know void warranty unvoided yet. Haven't read it yet atleast if you go to odin mode you'll see that you have tripped the counter most likely. You can do this by turning off your phone then holding vol dwn power and home buttons and you'll see if you've tripped knox counter. If you did there's now way of untripping like i said that i've read yet tho haven't really checked this month.

djayshaggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
*Facepalm!* I'm sorry. Thanks for the reply, but I figured it out. The app had been frozen by Titanium. I had to reroot, thaw then unroot again (and yes, it's still 0x0).

spriteboost
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
*Facepalm!* I'm sorry. Thanks for the reply, but I figured it out. The app had been frozen by Titanium. I had to reroot, thaw then unroot again (and yes, it's still 0x0).
Yay glad to hear if knox is needed

djayshaggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default System status custom after unroot

Now I'm upset because my system status is set to customer still after unroot. I'm still at 0x0 for knox, though. Last time I unrooted, I restarted it twice, and system status went back to official. This time, no luck. Should I use Odin to flash stock firmware? Will that fix it? Will it erase any of my data/settings?

bladehawk
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Now I'm upset because my system status is set to customer still after unroot. I'm still at 0x0 for knox, though. Last time I unrooted, I restarted it twice, and system status went back to official. This time, no luck. Should I use Odin to flash stock firmware? Will that fix it? Will it erase any of my data/settings?

Wanam Xposed can report it as a stock rom. Add in the Xposed root hiding app and you should be good to go with Knox (and Samsung) none the wiser.

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 55
But wouldn't that require OP root again and keep that root with Knox fully running? That could be tricky, Samsung learns about security holes and patches them, one of the future Knox updates could leave OP up the creek without a paddle. He should be able to reset back to official, is there another flag like old yellow triangle he needs to reset?

parusia
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Assuming that you went back to stock via Odin, just reboot your phone on stock recovery, wipe system and cache, then reboot and your system is going back to original, no more custom either on download mode or system.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bladehawk
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k View Post
But wouldn't that require OP root again and keep that root with Knox fully running? That could be tricky, Samsung learns about security holes and patches them, one of the future Knox updates could leave OP up the creek without a paddle. He should be able to reset back to official, is there another flag like old yellow triangle he needs to reset?
That's why you use the root hiding module. Knox SHOULD see it as a stock unrooted phone (Not that I can test this).